This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Fourscore, we believe that the taproom will be a key part of our success as it will likely be the first experience consumers have with our brand. The Beertender/Taproom Attendant, under the direction of the Taproom Manager, will be responsible for ensuring that taproom patrons feel welcomed, are well informed about beer choices and are served quickly and efficiently. They will also share responsibility with the Taproom Manager of making sure that the beer served is of optimal quality and that the taproom environment is comfortable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhering to the schedule set forth by the Taproom Manager and executing the duties and responsibilities assigned
- Ensuring that the beers on tap are acceptable to serve (right temperature and optimal quality)
- Engaging with each patron directly, giving each the attention they deserve, and making them feel welcomed while working to meet their needs quickly and efficiently
- Politely and respectfully addressing customers’ questions about the brewery and beer, regardless of their knowledge or experience with craft beer
- Conforming to and enforce regulations set forth by the PLCB (checking IDs, curtailing overconsumption and following serving guidelines)
- Processing both beverage and food orders for patrons
- Sharing in the overall service of running both food and beverage to patron’s tables
- Maintaining clean bar and taproom area
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) governing taproom operations
- Maintaining a pleasant taproom environment (temperature, music, cleanliness, conduct)
- Working towards continuous optimization of taproom operations by providing Taproom Manager and brewery owners with timely feedback
- Expertly communicating the Fourscore brewing philosophy and the uniqueness of each beer
- Playing the role of brand ambassador
- Available to work full or part-time, including nights and weekends
- Prior bartending / service experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of craft beer, including basic understanding of beer production
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Positive attitude and ability to work with a diverse set of people
- Basic familiarity with tablet-based POS systems and other web-based / MS Office software
- Ability to lift 35-50 lbs
- Ability to move full kegs with the aid of a dolly
- Aptitude for and desire to learn the mechanical workings of taproom equipment in order to address problems quickly and efficiently
- Grace under pressure
This position requires an individual who works under a range of circumstances, including: shift work, weekend work, working with challenging patrons, working in the fast-paced environment of a crowded taproom, and working within close proximity of an operating brewery.
The Beertender/Taproom Attendant will likely be required to stand for extended periods of time when performing taproom operations. S/He may also be required to lift boxes 35-50 lbs and move empty / full kegs with the help of a dolly.
Beertender/Taproom Attendants will not have direct reports. However, Beertender/Taproom Attendants consistently achieving high levels of performance may be promoted to Shift Leads. Leads will still report to the Taproom Manager and will aide him/her in execution of taproom duties. Shift Lead responsibilities will be determined at a future date.
Your application has been successfully submitted.