Key Account Representative - Philadelphia County
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports To: District Sales Manager, Eastern PA
Summary: Join our family and share the story of D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc. (DGY) and what makes us unique as America’s Oldest Brewery. We are family owned and operated since 1829 and have a strong culture and history of perseverance and grit. We are seeking a strong champion of our company and our brands. We are looking for a Key Account Representative for Philadelphia Counties in Eastern PA. This position is the key DGY sales role focused nearly exclusively on selling and merchandising the Yuengling Portfolio. Key functions are to implement and model the execution of DGY retail standards, drive achievement against goals in approved distributor annual and trimester business plans, and to communicate DGY’s sales strategies to our key retailers and street level sales reps from our distributors. This Key Account Representative position requires attaining and sustaining expertise in driving improved distribution, shelf space assortment, feature merchandising, and display activity for the Yuengling portfolio in an assigned area of responsibility. To be successful in this role, an individual must be poised, display business maturity, be a great communicator, a calculated risk taker, creative problem solver, and be willing to go above and beyond to build great partnerships with key retailers and distributor sales teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain regular call frequency and communication with assigned retail at on and off call points and with distributor retail field sales reps as assigned by District Manager and/or Zone Manager.
- Maintain daily call frequency of a minimum 12 account calls from assigned area of responsibility.
- Focus on retailer and DGY opportunities by driving improved execution against key objectives for the Yuengling portfolio.
- Model for distributor reps the expected execution of DGY Retail Standards for the portfolio of brands in assigned account base of independent and chain accounts.
- Sell in new Yuengling distribution (draft and package), execute Yuengling displays, merchandise shelf space and assortment mix, and sell in price or promotion feature activity.
- Conduct periodic price surveys within assigned retail account base. Compare Yuengling bottle and can pricing versus key competitors. Surveys will be completed in Lilypad.
- When necessary, engage with retailer to discuss alignment to Yuengling pricing strategies assigned to accounts.
- Build long term and mutually beneficial partnerships for our retail customers by understanding the feature and benefits to the retailer of Yuengling’s 3M (margin/mix/movement) strategies.
- Document each retailer call or meeting in Lilypad and clearly outline any follow up or next steps.
- Identify and develop programs for underperforming packages in assigned area of responsibility.
- Help develop and achieve annual distribution targets by brand and by package for all distributors in assigned area of responsibility as submitted to, and approved by, DGY District Manager and/or Zone Manager.
- Engage point-of-sale commitments and encourage merchandising efforts while in retail trade.
- Maintain supply of table tents, shelf strips, case cards and other DGY thematic POS in vehicle at all times for use at retail.
- Identify and ensure distributor support material is adequately maintained on a monthly basis. Inform DGY District Manager of POS out-of-stocks at a distributor or any additional needs at retail.
- Maintain active account target list for key packages in order to improve DGY distribution and uncover new business opportunities for the brands.
- Submit trimester distribution progress reports as assigned by District Manager and/or Zone Manager.
- Reinforce DGY company distribution, shelf set and merchandising standards as driven down from Region Sales Director and Zone Manager.
- Sell in and manage local retail sampling events for DGY portfolio of brands.
- Interact with consumers and retailers at local retail samplings, retail work-with’s, special events, trade shows, etc.
- Regularly assemble and position point-of-sale in key locations when at retail.
- Develop and maintain a productive and committed relationship with Distributor Sales Managers, Yuengling Brand Managers, Distributor Sales Supervisors, and Sales Reps to achieve selling objectives.
- Participate in distributor general sales meeting presentations and be comfortable engaging and presenting in front of large and small groups.
- Work with distributor sales personnel in area of responsibility to ensure retailers maintain adequate product inventory levels and demonstrate proper inventory rotation within Yuengling guidelines and retail standards.
- Work with distributor sales personnel to remove any out of code product from the market and report to the District Manager and/or Zone Manager.
- Conduct quarterly market reviews for distributor while reviewing current retail environment. Distribution progress, display penetration, and on-premise feature executions will be reviewed against annual business plan and DGY retail standards.
- Develop with distributor a corrective action plan against shortfalls to execution. Distribution or retail standards will be developed with District Manager when necessary.
- Work with distributor sales team to maintain accurate records of current market pricing including up to date records of competitive pricing in assigned area of responsibility.
- Document clearly for distributor any retail execution opportunities observed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong competitive desire to build knowledge, skills, and competencies to achieve growth in position for development of future roles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; attentive to details; effective time management; set goals and objectives and regularly achieve them.
- Follow instructions and respond appropriately to management direction and strategy.
- Take independent actions and calculated risks aligned to Company strategy and culture.
- Display creativity and original thinking.
- Embrace DGY culture and The Yuengling Way. Must be a team player and highly self-motivated.
- Valid driver’s license required with excellent driving record.
- Must be available for occasional night and weekend promotions and special events.
- Possess solid computer knowledge and skills such as Microsoft Word; Excel; PowerPoint; and Outlook.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 35 pounds.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as requested, directed or assigned by management.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience is necessary.
Interested applicants should send their resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Your application has been successfully submitted.