This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports To: Region Sales Director-South
Summary: Join our family and share the story of D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc. (DGY) and what makes us unique as America’s Oldest Brewery. We are family owned and operated since 1829 and have a strong culture and history of perseverance and grit. We are seeking a strong champion of our company and our brands. The Zone Manager-FL role is responsible for leading sales, distribution, merchandising and planning efforts within their assigned Zone territory. Direct reports would include District Sales Managers and Key Account Representatives. This role is a key management position in field sales and is responsible for actively leading the execution of all aspects of DGY business within said Zone territory. This position is responsible for the recommendation and execution of the region’s sales volume plan, sales operating budget, and short/long term regional or statewide strategies. This role will manage and direct a network of wholesalers and is responsible for the execution of Yuengling’s sales standards and practices. This position also identifies specific business opportunities and develops and executes necessary strategies in conjunction with DGY’s Senior Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help drive DGY’s sales strategy and region sales objectives and develop the necessary sales plan to implement, execute and achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Coordinate activities of all DGY field personnel and wholesalers within Zone to ensure the implementation of all sales, distribution, merchandising and local tactical/marketing programs for the entire Yuengling portfolio.
- Develop, recommend and, upon approval, execute the annual Zone sales and revenue plan to maximize market potential and sales volume within specified territory.
- Manage Zone budgets and hold direct reports accountable to operate within annual budget and spending disciplines as driven down by DGY’s Senior Management.
- Process and approve all Zone distributor co-op invoices and expense reports submitted from direct reports within company travel and entertainment guidelines.
- Manage the direction of the sales force for the Zone and conduct annual reviews for each employee. Spend time in the market working with direct reports to drive improved performance and establish and implement individual development plans.
- Develop, recommend, and execute against approved performance measures including planning and assigning work/responsibilities, developing goals/objectives and managing overall performance.
- Support and model the use of training concepts and developmental tools within the assigned Zone.
- Establish and conduct regular sales meetings for distributor management and key sales personnel.
- Actively work in the retail trade- both with DGY and distributor sales, chain, and management personnel.
- Participate in the sales forecasting process and provide regional and statewide data to ensure forecasting accuracy supports the demand planning process in the supply chain.
- Function as an integral leader of the regional sales management team and to establish and maintain relationships across all other functional areas internally, as well as externally.
- Identify, develop, and ensure implementation of tactical programs for under-performing markets or brands within the region.
- Collaborate with National Accounts Team to develop strategies and tactics designed to maximize DGY opportunities across all channels of trade. Develop and execute sales initiatives to capitalize on opportunities within chain account base.
- Responsible for ensuring execution and initiation of all pricing strategies and tactics in accordance with company strategy and under the direction of Senior Management and Pricing and Revenue Optimization Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records of current market pricing, consistently maintain and update pricing, in addition to updating wholesaler file of current Yuengling price to retailer by package.
- Maintain up to date records of competitive pricing and forward to Pricing and Revenue Optimization Manager.
- Ensure execution of quarterly price surveys within each key distributor market. Compare Yuengling product pricing versus key domestic competitors.
- Ensure recommendation and initiation of corrective actions to improve Yuengling pricing in all on and off premise accounts.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as requested, directed or assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals or forms and beverage industry data.
- Strong business planning skills.
- Knowledge of budget discipline, spending controls, and ability to maximize distributor and company resources.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leadership and management skills with the ability to delegate and direct to meet and exceed results.
- Team player with ability to develop people.
- Creative with a strong vision.
- Possess customer orientation and ability to build strong relationships with all levels of the 3-tier including but not limited to brewery management and personnel, distributor management and principals, and key account and chain buyers.
- Ability to follow specific directions and manage objectives with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of 40% travel expected.
- Possess a good driving record.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or eight years sales experience with at least 5 years in sales management or the equivalent combination of education or experience.
Interested applicants should send their resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Your application has been successfully submitted.