Electrician Apprentice – Tampa, FL
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Summary: Join our family and share the story of D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc. (DGY) and what makes us unique as America’s Oldest Brewery. We are family owned and operated since 1829 and have a strong culture and history of perseverance and grit. We are seeking a strong champion of our company and our brands. We are looking for an Electrician Apprentice to oversee start-up, shutdown, and changeover of equipment as needed by operations. The purpose of this position is to effectively, efficiently, and safely meet all job requirements, abilities, accountabilities, and goals as directed by the manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain appropriate records of machine changes.
- Receive updates from prior shift electrician.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to any disruption of normal production.
- Report any downtime or problem areas to Maintenance Manager.
- Keep equipment operating and assist on floor at all times (unless otherwise directed).
- Respond to calls for electrical issues and get further assistance when needed.
- Carry out routine electrical activities according to the schedule.
- Contact and respond to the Maintenance Manager when routine electrical work reveals larger problems. Facilitate assistance as needed.
- Provide input to the electrical planning process.
- Participate in electrical inspections and give feedback, opportunities and learning’s.
- Monitor trends when conducting routine electrical maintenance. Must take corrective action when needed.
- Self-initiate continuous improvement activities related to equipment reliability and performance.
- Continuously make improvements to the line for safety, quality and speed concerns.
- Complete electrical inspections as assigned.
- Report needed repairs to maintenance and/or Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure parts are ordered in a timely manner.
- Immediately respond to any calls made by the Packaging Lead, Packaging Manager or Maintenance Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Understand safety requirements and use appropriate PPE for tasks.
- Must have knowledge of hand tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- General computer knowledge. Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) preferred.
- Basic understanding of PLC knowledge.
- Experience in electrical work in a manufacturing environment.
- Required to move about the facility.
- Ascend/descend structures as needed
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Continued education in electrical programs are preferred
Interested applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Your application has been successfully submitted.