This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position serves as the organization’s leader on all financial matters. This includes overseeing all accounting, financial reporting and tax filing, managing the organization-wide budgetary process, and providing strategic leadership via financial analysis and planning. This position supervises all finance department staffers and serves as the staff liaison to the Finance Committee.
- Provide organizational leadership on all financial matters.
- Supervise Senior Accountant and all other finance department staffers.
- Oversee and lead the annual budgeting process with a focus on providing program directors with financial analysis necessary to inform sound strategic decisions.
- Provide ongoing support for management team via financial analysis.
- Oversee preparation of complete and accurate financial statements each month per Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Generate monthly analysis of the association’s current financial position.
- Develop and implement fiscal goals, objectives and strategic plans (long and short term) for the association.
- Oversee completion of all tax filing requirements.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Finance Committee.
- Collaborate with Finance Committee to manage the association’s investment planning; build and maintain strong working relationship with Chair of Finance Committee.
- Monitor and analyze the association’s cash flow, investments and debt to ensure financial stability and optimal performance.
- Generate and present financial reports and analysis for all Board of Directors meetings.
- Produce annual financial forecasting reports for each division of the association.
- Manage annual independent 3rd party financial audit.
- Provide financial analytics to Operations Director to inform the association’s inventory management policies.
- Generate annual plan and budget for the Finance Department, including fixed asset purchases.
- Benchmark association’s operating ratios against industry standard; develop internal goals and strategy for the association in these measures.
- Build and maintain a strong network of financial professionals as a means to benchmark association policies, procedures and financial strategies.
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with the association’s banking partners; develop RFP periodically to vet current partnership against competitors.
- Assesses Finance Department staffing needs regularly to determine if temporary or long-term assistance is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of financial analytics and reporting standards
- Expert knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Ability to implement new processes by achieving consensus and acceptance from a variety of individuals
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to excel within a team environment and under pressure
- Strong, intrinsic motivation to achieve excellence
- Strong supervisory skills; ability to lead during change and influence others to generate positive outcomes
- Ability to balance a focus on granular accuracy against big picture priorities
- Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America®
- Great American Beer Festival®
- Other industry conferences, trade shows as assigned
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
The Brewers Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.