This job is no longer accepting applications.
Compensation Type: Salaried Exempt
Direct Report: VP of Retail Operations, President & COO
Position: Virginia Beach Craft Kitchen and Brewery General Manager
Job Summary: The Virginia Beach GM is responsible for the Front of House operations of the Three Notch’d Virginia Beach Craft Brewery and Kitchen, and works closely with Back of House, brewery, finance, marketing and events departments. The General Manager is critical to the ensuring the restaurant operates successfully while delivering on company objectives and goals set by the organization.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manages all Front of House employees in coordination with Front of House supervisors.
- Conducts hiring, training, development, and performance management of Front of House team members.
- Oversees operations to ensure quality and consistency in customer service, menu design, and bar program.
- Drive achievement of company objectives in sales and service; evaluate the market and identify areas of opportunity and refinement; explore opportunities to add value to business operations.
- Oversee Cost Control and profitability of the restaurant: Report weekly to VP of Retail Operations
- POS System knowledge, maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting.
- Create and implement Operational Best Practices and ensure they are administered properly and adhered to by Front of House employees.
- Completes administrative responsibilities which includes reconciliation, invoicing and payroll.
- Partners with Executive Chef to ensure cohesion on menu, seasonal offerings, and special event menus.
- Coordinates with Production Manager to maintain draft and packaged beer inventory.
- Collaborates with Brewery team on “Brew School” for Front of House employees and specialty beer releases.
- Works with Events Director on the scheduling and execution of special events in the restaurant.
- Proactively research, develop and implement innovative operational plans to always improve the “customer experience” while maintaining best-in-class efficiencies.
- Maintain oversight and compliance for all health, sanitation, liquor, safety and facility matters.
- Completing weekly and monthly inventory tasks for production team.
- Ability to move kegs and operate a hand truck
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Provide direction for Front of House staff
- Experience managing a restaurant or bar for at least 5 years
- Must be a ServSafe Certified Food Protection Manager
- High School Diploma or GED
- A passion for craft beer.
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, proactive, open-minded, positive approach.
- Ability to successfully motivate and coach others.
- Highly effective multi-tasker.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- Previous brewery or craft beer experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Hospitality, Brewing or related discipline
- Front of House and Back of House
- Moderate to loud noise levels.
- Occasionally encounter extreme temperature changes.
Little or No Travel (<10%)
Able to occasionally lift up to 130 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to endure on a daily basis, walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, and crouching.
Three Notch’d Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.