Mechanical Technician - AVL
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position is responsible for leading a team comprised of highly skilled technicians, to ensure the proper maintenance of brewery systems, as well as maintaining, repairing and troubleshooting mechanical systems in all areas of the brewery.
- Lead team to resolve production issues/down time and maintain specific pieces of equipment during scheduled outages
- Lead efforts to schedule major rebuilds within production areas
- Develop annual budgets for their areas
- Perform maintenance on specific pieces of equipment and identifying critical spare parts
- Lead efforts to safely lock out all brewery equipment when required
- Assist engineering team to specify new equipment and impacts
- Communicate and acquire downtime for maintenance
- Develop maintenance requirements and training checklists
- Required to be part of on-call mechanical program
- Other Duties as assigned
Education/ Experience/ Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 8+ years of related experience or equivalent training and experience.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to lead, mentor, and direct the work of others
- Expert mechanical working knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Expert knowledge of brewing, production process
- Expert knowledge of chemical handling and abilities
- Expert knowledge with scheduling maintenance outages
- Solid electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, welding abilities
- Solid experience with Lathes, Drill press, and other specialized mechanical tools
- Expert understanding of engineering concepts in sanitary applications
- Expert ability to read, interpret and deliver, instructions, policies and regulations
- Expert understanding of reading and interpreting P&ID’s
- Expert understanding of reading and interpreting construction drawings
- Confined space trained and certified
- LOTO trained and certified
- Osha 10 hour trained and certified
- Osha 30 hour trained and certified
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 80lbs., and carry objects weighing up to 47lbs up to 100 feet
- Ability to push/ pull weights up to 75lbs. and maintain a grip strength required to carry objects including buckets and boxes
- Must show fine motor dexterity
- Ability to climb stairs, stoop, crawl, twist, squat and reach overhead.
- Requires frequent, constant standing and walking
Hourly Wage Range $24.05 - $34.35
All Full time Coworkers at New Belgium enjoy the following benefits after one calendar month of employment: Medical & Dental Insurance (options available for dependents), Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, 401k Match, Paid Caregiver Leave, and Profit Sharing. Certain positions with ‘On Call’ responsibilities may be eligible for phone/data reimbursement. Details will be shared and questions answered during our interview process.
New Belgium welcomes all. We are committed to building an environment that is diverse, equitable and inclusive within our own walls and amidst the entire craft beer community.
New Belgium strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.