Brewer - FTC
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Brewer position has primary responsibility for any part of the brewing process from the mixing and blending of raw materials to the fermented product. This position is scheduled to be on shift from 6am-6pm Thursday, Friday, Saturday and every other Wednesday.
- Responsible for material addition per recipe (malt, hops, spices, yeast etc…) and routinely monitors inventory levels
- Monitors all process parameters: Sensory, flow rates and volumes, process times and temperatures, pH levels, density measures, and other parameter settings to complete the milling, mashing, lautering, wort boiling processes, cooling, yeast pitching, fermentation temperatures, clarity, microbiological stabilization, and bottle conditioning
- Conducts and ensures daily cleaning of all work areas within brewing (5S)
- Performs routine preventative and troubleshooting maintenance on process manufacturing equipment
- Engages in quality assurance activities and improvement project/processes to improve the overall efficiency
- Adheres to OSHA and NBB safety regulations; handles all chemicals in a safe manner
- Communicates effectively with all other areas regarding the status of the process flow and consistency
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Entry level brewing knowledge with aptitude to learn brewing science
- Basic knowledge and understanding in the areas of math, physics, chemistry, microbiology, computer skills and mechanical skills
- Entry level working knowledge of equipment with multiple logic functions and capabilities requiring specialized training
- Entry level ability to coordinate with coworkers, prioritize plan daily work
- Ability to recognize a problem, assist in troubleshooting, develop alternative plans, meet deadlines, and communicate as needed
- Solid interpersonal skills and communication abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures policies, SOGs, and/or regulations
Hourly Wage Range $16.40 - $23.40
All Full time Coworkers at New Belgium enjoy the following benefits after one calendar month of employment: Medical & Dental Insurance (options available for dependents), Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, 401k Match, Paid Caregiver Leave, and Profit Sharing. Certain positions with ‘On Call’ responsibilities may be eligible for phone/data reimbursement. Details will be shared and questions answered during our interview process.
New Belgium welcomes all. We are committed to building an environment that is diverse, equitable and inclusive within our own walls and amidst the entire craft beer community.
New Belgium strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.