Director of Communications
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position is responsible for directing and implementing national communication strategies across digital, social media, and earned media programs.
- Act as the public face of the company; maintain the public image for the company including relationships within the media; analyze media coverage and develop responses as needed; develop press releases, white papers and supporting materials
- Manage media relations, announcements, editorial placement, and speaking opportunities; develop strategies for current and existing products, launches, and promotions
- Create presentations, opinion pieces, and content for web sites, blogs and other social media accounts
- Develop and execute strategies, campaigns, and social media calendars for the New Belgium brand
- Assist in the creation of digital, video, and social content for other brand teams in the company
- Maintain brand integrity across all platforms; advise brand teams on media best practices
- Create and manage budgets, deadlines, objectives, and schedules
- Form and maintain positive relationships with a variety of media, influencers, and community leaders
- Monitor industry trends and identify opportunities for application
- Supervise, mentor, and manage team
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a bachelor's degree Public Relations, Journalism or a related area and 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent related experience
- Proven confident communicator and presenter
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Experience with digital/social media and best practices for campaigns across multiple platforms
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships in media networks
- Ability to manage and mentor a high-performing team
Salary Wage Range $135,000.00 - $165,000.00
All Full time Coworkers at New Belgium enjoy the following benefits after one calendar month of employment: Medical & Dental Insurance (options available for dependents), Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, 401k Match, Paid Caregiver Leave, and Profit Sharing. Certain positions with ‘On Call’ responsibilities may be eligible for phone/data reimbursement. Details will be shared and questions answered during our interview process.
New Belgium welcomes all. We are committed to building an environment that is diverse, equitable and inclusive within our own walls and amidst the entire craft beer community.
New Belgium strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.