Boxyard RTP: Pizza Kitchen Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports to: Director of Tavern Operations
Who We Are and What We Do
Fullsteam is growing! Our first expansion project opens in Research Triangle Park later this spring. Fullsteam's new taproom will be the anchor tenant of Boxyard RTP: a mixed-use shipping container project featuring a dozen local food, beverage, and retail establishments.
Our concept: a taproom serving farm-sourced sourdough pizza.
Who We're Looking to Hire=
Fullsteam RTP’s Kitchen Manager leads the kitchen staff, executes recipes, manages inventory, and works to ensure smooth, consistent food service.
This person must be able to reflect a spirit of teamwork and embody Fullsteam’s core values through their food, leadership, and daily work.
The ideal candidate is keen on process, passionate about pizza and local sourcing, and consistent in execution. They are as capable of jumping on the line on a busy night as they are at reporting and discussing cost of goods with Fullsteam management.
- Manage the kitchen’s day-to-day operations. Stay within budget. Maintain standards.
- Led by example with good service, internally and with our guests.
- Identify and respond proactively to customer needs and concerns.
- Receive constructive criticism – no matter the source – with grace, discernment, and wisdom.
- Help hire, train, motivate, and lead a kitchen team through excellent communication and by embodying Fullsteam’s core values.
- Develop the kitchen staff’s technical skills, leading by example.
- Schedule a team to manage peaks and lulls as best as possible. Jump on the line when needed.
- Hawkishly monitor fresh and frozen inventory. Rotate items and ensure ingredients are fresh, clean, and of high quality. Order ingredients and supplies through vendors, checking invoices carefully. Work with local farmers to source in-season ingredients.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow all health and safety regulations including HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point), state and county food codes, and ServSafe certification.
- Report to management on sales and productivity numbers. Be prepared to ideate on potential growth opportunities.
- Coordinate with events planner for banquet-style dining for private events and potential offsite catering.
- This position will be growing as the department and brewery grows, and other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
- At least three years kitchen experience, ideally with a demonstratable increase in roles and responsibilities.
- A culinary school diploma or degree in food service management is a plus.
- Skilled in pizza making and dough proofing, traditional cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, safety, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Point of Sale software)
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Kitchen production and processing — knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs management, and other techniques for maximizing the effective production and execution of foods.
- If not already certified, Obtain ServSafe certification within six months of employment.
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks and managing a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication (both up and down the organizational structure) and demonstrable leadership skills.
- Up-to-date with food and beverage trends and best practices, and a drive to always stay at the forefront of these trends.
- Ability to understand and respond to financial targets, and to know if expectations were not met, met, or exceeded. A proactive attitude to know where the kitchen can improve.
- Guest-oriented and service-minded.
- Capable of standing for long periods of time.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.; able to assist in the lifting of 165 lbs.
Fullsteam’s Core Values
1. Think like an Optimist.
2. Seek Truth and Beauty.
3. Speak with Quiet Confidence.
4. Listen with Empathy.
5. Be Present, Productive, and Fun.
These values aren’t just talking points: they permeate and inform our culture, our hiring, and our decision-making.
Your application has been successfully submitted.