Front Desk/HR Admin
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you looking for a new opportunity to work for one of the most recognized local brands in Minnesota? Do you want to work for a company that recognizes that people make the difference? Are you looking for the best group of coworkers you have ever had? And most importantly, do you love beer?! If you said yes to these questions, this might be the perfect opportunity for you! Surly Brewing Co. is currently hiring for a bilingual Front Desk/HR Admin at our home office in Minneapolis, MN. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to gain experience in the HR realm.
Position: Front Desk/HR Admin
Reports to: HR Manager
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Ability to Work Remote: No
The Front Desk/HR Admin is the first point of contact for all visitors at the home office. Having a positive attitude and inviting demeanor are critical to the success of this role. Major responsibilities include greeting guests, answering phones, assisting in administrative projects for all departments, and translating correspondence for the company, as needed. This role will also assist with in person translation needs for the HR department.
- Greets and direct all visitors to the appropriate person.
- Answers, screens, and forwards incoming phone calls.
- General housekeeping of the reception area.
- Updates calendars and schedules meetings, as needed.
- Performs administrative duties as needed for all other departments.
- Translates company documents into Spanish.
- Assist the HR department with in person translations.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) required.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize a multitude of tasks with varying deadlines.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technology in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Experience working in a customer focused role.
- Previous experience working in a receptionist/front desk environment.
- Experience in a hospitality office setting is a plus.
- High School Diploma/GED required. Post-secondary education a plus.
This position operates around a ‘mostly’ traditional schedule in an office environment, but can require long hours and evening/weekend work when the demand calls for it. Participation at relevant brewery and other company events is assumed.
THE FINE PRINT
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned. Rather, it’s intended to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.