Event Sales Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Surly Brewing is seeking an Event Sales Manager.
Surly Brewing was founded by Omar Ansari and he pushed to change the law in Minnesota for tap rooms to sell beer, which led to the construction of our 50,000 sq. ft facility in 2014. Since our event center has garnered awards such as best Meetings and Event space 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 in addition to MN Bride Magazine Best Event Space 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. We would like to continue that tradition.
Surly’s Event Manaer is a highly movitived, extremely organized, personable, extroverted, results focused person. They are excited about Surly, excited about events, love engaging with clients and seeking out new businesses/relationships. They are creative in developing ways to upsell guest experiences and ready to wear many hats to support their team. They want to innovate and design unique experiences for our guests. They want to keep the details of all events organized to provide the team the tools they need to operate at their highest effiency. They will tackle any task, offer help where they see opportunity and collaborate with team members within other departments.
- Coordinates all elements of Surly Event Center, including all Scheid Hall Areas, Beer Garden Tent Area, or other areas as needed.
- Communicate information up and down the organization
- Receiving all events inquiries and conducting all correspondence with prospective and confirmed clients.
- Acting as the liaison between the client and the head staff to accurately communicate all pertinent details and information correlating to that event, ensuring all parties involved are clear on all event components.
- Developing new business relationships and opportunities to increase private event sales.
- Overseeing and managing all private events.
- Ensure timely follow-up with clients including Thank You’s and outreach for repeat business.
- Working with the management team to maintain standard operating procedures for private events.
- Participating in weekly manager meetings to review all pertinent details regarding all up-coming events and catering at the related entities.
- Working with outside vendors such as flower, linen, and rental companies in order to create a full-service event sector that is able to meet each client's particular needs. All specialty requests from clients should be accommodated to the best of your abilities.
- Collaborating with the team to generate ideas and collateral to promote Private Events and Catering sales, including creative ideas to fill the space when not booked.
- Meet or exceed established sales goals as set by the VP and GM of Hospitality.
- Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00am – 6:00pm, with the expectation that you will set aside additional time to greet your clients and oversee and manage your events. Please note that this may include evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary, based on events scheduled.
Surly Brewing offers; competitive salaries, complimentary meals, Paid Time Off, 401k, Health, Dental & Voluntary benefits package (accidental illness, critical injury, vision, short term disability, and more)
- 3+ years of venue/event sales and planning experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (hospitality, communications, event management)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Has experience with event planning systems
- High energy, extroverted, conversational
- Ability to work with a diverse group of indivduals and teams
- This position operates around a ‘some what’ traditional schedule in an office environment, but can require long hours and evening/weekend work when the demand calls for it. Participation at relevant brewery and other company events is assumed.
THE FINE PRINT
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned. Rather, it’s intended to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position
If this entirely sounds like your kind of thing, apply today!
Your application has been successfully submitted.