Hospitality Experience Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Surly Brewing Co. is seeking a full-time Hospitality Experience Manager to join our hospitality team in Minneapolis, MN. Are you looking for a new opportunity to work for one of the most recognized local brands in Minnesota? Do you want to be a part of a hospitality team that runs one of the largest and busiest hospitality concepts in the Twin Cities? Do you want to be responsible for the creation and execution of some of the biggest parties in the state? And, most importantly, do you love beer?! If you said yes to these questions, this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Hospitality Experience Manager will be responsible for the preparation, planning and execution of all things party and programming related at our destination brewery.
When you’re not bumping elbows with international artists producing 7,000 person concerts in festival field, you’ll be working on programming for the state’s largest beer hall and nationally recognized New Haven style pizza joint. You’ll work closely with the hospitality management team on growing the hospitality business and creating experiences you can only have at Surly. You’ll report into the VP of Hospitality.
- Develop and execute hospitality-focused events and experiences.
- Create in-house promotions and manage Surly Hospitality Street Team.
- Create and manage events and experience budgets.
- Develop and maintain a set of expectations and metrics regarding the success of planned promotions and experiences.
- Develop and pitch activation ideas
- Strategic programming of annual Hospitality event calendar
- Overseeing execution of all onsite hospitality activations
- Manage all partnerships with hospitality event vendors
- Meet weekly with Senior hospitality management and control all internal event communication
- Hire, Staff and Train all Festival Field Employees
- You have a passion for craft beer and healthy sense of humor
- You have a strong sense of accountability and a tireless work ethic
- You have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize under stress
- You have experience as a strong mediator, motivator and negotiator
- You are customer-service and solution oriented; driven by a desire to always problem solve
- You are customer-service oriented; driven by patience, problem solving and a desire to drive brand loyalty one person at a time
- You have an ongoing commitment to keeping on top of current events and cultural phenomena both in and outside of the beer industry
- 2+ years of party planning
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to translate technical concepts for a general audience
- Curiosity to learn new processes and tools
- A tendency to drink craft beer above all else is a plus
- The Hospitality Experience Manager will work traditional restaurant hours, in a restaurant environment, along with night and weekend support. Participation at relevant industry and other company events is assumed.
THE FINE PRINT
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned. Rather, it’s intended to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.