This job is no longer accepting applications.
Tired of sitting on the couch binge-watching Netflix? Missing the hustle and bustle of the restaurant biz? Want to work for a kick-ass leader in the hospitality/brewery industry? Well you’re in luck. Surly Brewing will be reopening its doors and we are looking for a kick-ass Restaurant Manager. Come join Surly Nation.
Who? The Restaurant Manager must be skilled in handling stressful working conditions, be an excellent multitasker, be able to deal with frequent interruptions calmly and decisively, and effectively lead by example.
Basic requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED required. Three to five years restaurant management experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of beer styles, local and national craft beers, and Surly beers required (duh)
- Outgoing personality and exemplary customer service orientation
- Fantastic multi-tasker who can maintain friendly composure amid stress
- Cash handling experience required
- Willingness to work as part of a team essential
- Able to perform physical work in a loud environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on the restaurant’s needs; may include nights, weekends and holidays
What? The Restaurant Manager is tasked with overseeing the day to day operations of the department given be it Beer Hall, Surly Pizza, etc. While in charge of said areas, they are to “Live on the Floor”. Manage the floor, manage the floor, and manage the floor some more! This includes but is not limited to being responsible for the hosts, servers, bussers, food runners, bartenders, and most importantly the guest’s experience. Every guest should experience Surly as the fun and exciting wonderland of beer and food that it can be and is. In the instance that one of our employees fails to live up to our expectations the Restaurant Manager is also responsible for coaching, counseling and possibly termination. Ultimately, this position is here to make sure every guest has a terrific time, help the growth of every employee, and handle any unseen issues that may arise.
Breakdown of duties:
- Manage labor cost
- Oversee and have hands on management of day-to-day operations of our Beer Hall, Pizza Restaurant and Event Center
- Manage the FOH team, working floor shifts creating a positive work environment, driving sales, motivating the team and creating exceptional guest experiences
- Lead the team on hiring, training, coaching, and overall development of team members including orientation, performance reviews and any necessary disciplinary action
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed
- Maintain the quality and standards of Surly culture, food, beer, service and atmosphere
- Foster a dynamic, enjoyable and inclusive culture
Does this job sound entirely like your thing? Send us your cover letter and resumé!
Your application has been successfully submitted.