Canner - 2nd Shift
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Location: Strongsville, Ohio 44107
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Job Level: Entry-level (non-supervisory); non-exempt
Essential Functions and Duties
- General cleanliness of packaging area, including but not limited to detailing machines, cleaning floors and scrubbing conveyors.
- Work within our current standard operating procedures.
- Organization, consolidation, set up, and teardown of packaging equipment
- Learn all stations on our canning line.
- Lifting/ Stacking and Palletizing 34 lbs. boxes.
- Tow motor finished pallets of cans into cooler
- Data record keeping including downtime, package quantities, lot #’s and other misc. items.
- Facilitating empty cans through the filling process.
- Facilitating full cans/cartons through the packaging process.
- Assist in assembly of variety 12 packs ( bottle or cans)
Required Skills and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
At least 1 year working experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Willingness to stay productive during down times
- Ability to function in team environment
- Ability to take direction from Operator, Back up Operator and Supervisor
- Willingness to work flexible and extended hours, as needed
- Ability to safely work in close quarters to packaging equipment and conveyors
- Must be able to reach, bend, stand, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Tow motor certification
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Thank you for understanding that we cannot accept phone calls or emails regarding open positions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.