Brewing Supervisor, Second Shift
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Second Shift Brewing Supervisor will supervise employees engaged in the brewery process as well as the maintenance workers on the night shift by performing the following duties
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Execution/completion of the production schedule.
- Monitoring the progress of production and reporting the results while working to facilitate two-way communications between the off-shift employees and the brewery leadership team.
- Will be part of the scheduling team to ensure schedule meets customer demand in the most cost-efficient way.
- Assist with basic lab work/sampling to facilitate the execution of the production schedule as well as assist with the ongoing safety and process improvement efforts throughout the brewery.
- Routine monitoring, supervision and interaction with Packaging Department operations, sanitation and maintenance employees as required.
- Lead daily shift/turnover meetings with union workers.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers in solving work problems.
- Communicates to employees expected performance standards. Holds regular communication and training meetings with employees. Encourages ideas and feedback from employees.
- Data entry of production into GP.
(NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions.)
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to manage multiple processes concurrently.
- Practical experience and comfort using standard business computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Great Plains Dynamics and Maintenance Management programs (CMMS) a plus.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts to practical situations. (filtration)
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from subordinates and superiors.
- OSHA 10 Hour training and HACCP certification is a plus and will be mandatory within first year of hire.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working occasionally in a lab environment.
- Must be willing to work flexible/extended hours as business demands require.
- MBAA Brewing and Malting Science and Brewing Maintenance Courses will be required in the first 2 years.
Your application has been successfully submitted.