This job is no longer accepting applications.
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The Agriculture Technician supports all functions of the Agriculture department to ensure the aesthetics of our grounds, productivity of our farms and special projects and caring for the wellbeing of our environment and the organisms within. Areas of support will include grounds keeping, irrigation, gardening, horticulture, crop maintenance and harvest. Position responsibilities will flex based on seasonality of required work and project focus.
What You Will Do:
- Perform seasonal planting duties, garden & vegetable propagation, general garden maintenance and repairs, and crop harvest; provides deliverables to restaurant as needed
- Perform grounds and landscape maintenance of all brewery properties (both on and off-site) and parking lots to include: mowing, blowing, and trimming of trees and shrubs, and controlling weeds
- Install, monitor, and maintain irrigation systems
- Perform greenhouse duties which could include maintaining vegetable starts, propagating plants, maintaining indoor and landscape plants
- Tend to natural resource and livestock duties
- Transport equipment, supplies, and self to and from different worksites
Please Apply if You Have:
- Basic literacy skills required
- Previous experience working in a horticulture or agriculture preferred and
- Previous experience with the use and maintenance of hand tools and machinery such as, pruners, shovels, rakes, hand saws, lawn mowers, blowers, trimmers, tractors, and lifts preferred
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, tractors, and lifts
- Ability to follows all safety protocols
- Knowledge of safe loading, moving, and unloading equipment and/or materials to and from various worksites
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, with most of the time being spent working outside
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform quality work while working independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work proficiently in gardens, fields, and landscape is
- Willingness to learn and perform a variety of tasks
- Attention to sustainability and conservation while carrying out tasks
- DL - Driver's License free of any major moving violations in the last three years upon hire required
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer driver's license check.
Before applying for this role, please review the full job description, including the physical demands and working environment: https://sierranevada.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2660
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Your application has been successfully submitted.