Brewery Support Worker
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The Brewery Support Worker 1 is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the brewery and restaurants to the highest standard of quality. Reporting to the Brewery Support Supervisor, the core responsibility of the role is to perform facility wide housekeeping and sanitation duties to ensure the facility is orderly and hygienic. This is an entry-level position into a production facility with internal growth opportunities.
What You Will Do
- Performs housekeeping and sanitation tasks such as sweeping, washing windows and walls, cleaning restrooms, cleaning/polishing equipment and removing or sorting trash/recycling/compost
- Respond to brewery and restaurant immediate support needs; maintain personal workflow that enables easy hand off to others when required
- Ensure personal safety, food safety and quality protocols are followed
- Effectively uses mobile equipment (forklifts, articulating booms, scissor lifts, etc.), specialty washers (pressure washers inside and outside), and specialty or generic chemicals
- Documents facilities maintenance requests and executes minor facilities maintenance tasks
- Completes preventive maintenance on cleaning equipment
- Assists brewery guests by answering questions and providing directions
- Proactively and independently seeks out tasks across the facility
- May assist with production needs in Brewing, Packaging, Warehouse, Quality and other departments as necessary
- Perform other related duties as requested
Please Apply if You Have
- 1 year Previous experience in industrial cleaning or manufacturing preferred
- Basic literacy skills
- Basic computer skills
- Effective communication skills required
- Ability to become certified and operate forklift, scissor-lift and articulating boom (training provided)
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively as a member of a high-functioning team
- Understands when to escalate issues
- Attention to detail
- Follows standard operating procedures, good manufacturing practices and product specifications to maintain product quality
- Ability to read and comprehend Safety Data Sheets (S.D.S.) and label instructions
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
- Candidate must be open to an early AM shift (5 AM - 1:30 PM) or graveyard (8 PM - 4:30 AM)
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.