Brew House Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The day to day activities of this position will be centered around assisting our lead brewer and assistant brewer with the end-to-end process of making and packaging beer, including cleaning, wort production, documentation, measuring, fermentation, bottling, canning, kegging, delivering beer, and more cleaning. The candidate may also need to interface with customers through tours of the brewery, beer fests, and other brewery-focused events. This is not a brewing position.
- Experience in a production brewery and/or formal training at a brewery school desired.
- A great attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Strong mechanical background with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical problems.
- Proper understanding of chemical and brewhouse safety.
- Self-motivation. After the appropriate amount of training, must be able to dive in without a lot of direction.
- Interest and/or knowledge of working in a laboratory setting a plus.
- You have to be nice. We are serious about this.
- Ability to frequently lift 50 pounds and occasionally move up to 150 pounds safely.
- Must be able to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs, stand for the duration of the shift, shovel hot grain, handle hot and cold liquids.
- Must be able to work in a non-temperature controlled environment (including wet and cold conditions), properly handle hazardous materials, and operate complex machinery.
You might be the ideal candidate if, in addition to meeting the above requirements, you:
- Feel passionate about our mission of making local beer from what is around us.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Are inherently optimistic.
Interested? Please apply by e-mailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the words “Brew House Assistant” in subject line. No phone calls, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.