The Distribution Team Member is responsible for loading, transporting and delivering products to designated sites. The position contributes to the success of Bosque Brewing Co. by maintaining and rotating stock, including kegs, packaged products, and related products and supplies at various assigned locations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastically represent the Bosque Brewing Co. brand by engaging in positive gestures of respect, courtesy and kindness to internal and external guests consistent with Bosque Brewing Co. values and expectations.
- Display a sense of urgency and attention to detail by anticipating the departments' needs and responding appropriately.
- Complete scheduled pick-ups and deliveries between assigned locations.
- Verify order details and maintain a log of deliveries, including amounts, mileage, and locations of deliveries. Check items against invoices to ensure accuracy of orders.
- Maintain and operate company vehicles, service logs, and pre/post trip inspection procedures in a manner that is consistent with all applicable State and Federal law and Company policy.
- Load/unload products safely and accurately, taking precaution to protect product, people, and property.
- Organize and rotate stock in assigned location coolers.
- Inform location management with proper keg changing procedures and best practice organization of taproom coolers to best practice organization and safety.
- Periodically clean lines at assigned locations according to predetermined schedule determined by the Logistics Manager. Follow Company line cleaning SOP's thoroughly and consistently each time lines are cleaned.
- Complete required paperwork, logs, and computer systems (Ekos, Barrel ERP) as required.
- Operate, inspect, and maintain equipment, forklift, and vehicle(s) in a manner that is consistent with all applicable State and Federal law and safety practices.
- Maintain a heightened awareness of safety precautions and hazards for self and others at all times.
- Ensure communication is passed across the organization from the CPO and administrative team to every coworker in the brewery.
- May assist management in developing and maintaining functional procedures, work instructions, and training checklists related to position duties.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support coworkers and departments with tasks and project-based work. Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
Physical Demands / Work Environment & Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is continuously (90-100%) required to: balance, stand, and walk; use repetitive motion of hands to reach, grasp, hold, handle, or feel; use repetitive motion of fingers to pick, pinch, and type; push, pull, and lift up to 165 pounds of force to move objects; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of people, facilities, and equipment.
The employee is frequently (60-90%) required to: read data; climb using step-stools; stoop or crouch; reach use hand-eye coordination.
The employee is occasionally (30-60%) required to: climb using ladders; sit; push, pull, and lift up to 200 pounds of force, with assistance, to move objects.
Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust. The employee is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. The employee is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause an employee to speak loudly in order to be heard above ambient noise level. The employee may be regularly exposed to airborne particles, odors/fumes, moving mechanical parts and vibration while actively performing maintenance and/or repairs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ability to possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Driver's License and have a minimum of five (5) years of driving experience. Must be able to pass fleet insurance/MVR requirements.
- Minimum of six (6) months prior delivery experience required. Must possess knowledge of safety procedures while performing driving and product handling tasks.
- Ability to read and understand maps, routes, and road signs.
- Ability to operate a forklift, electric pallet jack, and/or hand truck to move kegs and packaged products.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, multiple tasks, and changing conditions. The ability to think on your feet and adapt, flexibility is key.
- Ability to interact professionally, with civility, and effectively with coworkers and the general public. Must possess solid interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills. Ability to track inventory and perform basic data entry with strict attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English) with the ability to effectively listen to and understand others.
- Ability to present self in a professional, pleasant, and well-groomed manner.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to adhere to company and department rules, policies and procedures.
Commensurate with experience