Quality Lab Assistant
The Quality Lab Assistant will be responsible for maintaining lab supplies, collecting samples, & other lab tasks as needed. They will also be responsible for collecting daily samples around the brewery for QC analysis and support the Quality Lab in all areas of analytical, microbiological, & sensory programs as needed.
- Organizational skills
- Inventory Management
- Sample Collection
- Reagent & media prep
- Pipetting & Basic Benchwork
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Daily collection of samples in production
- Media & autoclave prep
- Assist in equipment PM & cleaning
- Manage Lab inventory supply & communicate re-order points
- Maintain Lab upkeep
- Ability to manage small projects as needed
- Facilitate taste panels
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned
- Currently pursuing an education in biology, chemistry, or a related field
- 1 year of laboratory experience preferred (school or industry)
- Experience in brewing or fermentation industry a plus
- Interest in Quality systems and practices
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding and/or interest of fermentation science, propagation, and the elements of brewing
- Knowledge of American Society of Brewing Chemists standard methods of analysis a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems related to product and/or equipment
- Ability to perform under pressure and triage continuous demands
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of recipes, processes, procedures, and other internal information
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An excellent team player
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Willingness to work on and around potentially dangerous equipment/machinery is required.
- Willingness to work in an environment with high noise levels is required
At-Will Employment: Employment with Highland Brewing Co. may be terminated by either Highland or the employee at any time with or without cause or notice.