Brewery Cellar & Production Assistant
Our mission is to brew high-quality, creative beer and get it into the hands of any beer enthusiast looking for bold and interesting flavors. We respect tradition while seeking innovation in our approach to brewing, and we pride ourselves on being process-driven and detail-oriented. Curious individuals who relish the challenge of meeting high standards and working in a fast-paced environment will find themselves at home with Buffalo Bayou Brewing Co.
This is an Entry-Level Position. Brewery experience is preferred, but not required.
We set extremely high standards for ourselves & we dream big. The position of Cellar & Production Assistant is where the rubber meets the road. It’s where we translate ideas into action, and it’s where some of the hardest work happens, both physically & intellectually.
The Cellar & Production Assistant have a diverse set of responsibilities that are all essential to Buff Brew’s success. Success in this specific position will come by doing the following tasks thoroughly and with excellence:
- Ability to manage and coordinate all cellar activities
- Conduct regular CIP and sanitation of fermenters and brite tanks
- Compile and update SOP’s
- Conduct daily QA/QC procedures
- Inform Head Brewer promptly of any issues
- Help with the preparation and packaging of daily orders
- Have an obsession with maintaining a clean production facility
- Must be a creative and proactive team member looking to enhance a quality driven environment
- Be proficient in basic lab work
- Perform gravity and pH readings
- Dry hopping and secondary ingredient additions
- Knowledge of yeast cell counts and pitching
- Accurate daily record keeping and sampling of beer in process
- Contributing to positive work environment through open and constructive dialog
- Contribute and be receptive to continual innovation and improvements
- Assist in any other tasks needed to run a successful brewery
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
In addition to the preceding list of clearly-defined responsibilities, there are a plethora of unpredictable tasks that arise on a day-to-day basis. A Cellar & Production Assistant must always put the team above the individual and take on additional tasks & responsibilities as needed, pursuing them with the same passion, care, and attention to detail as he or she does every other task.
This is a full-time position with the same benefits that all of our employees enjoy, including paid-time off, employer-subsidized health insurance, and a 401k program with company matching.
Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under controlling federal, state or local laws.