Bartender - Various Shifts
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you a beer lover?
Look no further…no, seriously, stop looking over there, we’re right here!
The August Schell Brewing Company is seeking a part-time bartender to join our team in New Ulm, MN. This position will represent the brand while serving at our various taprooms.
August Schell Brewing Company is a family owned and operated brewery in New Ulm, Minnesota. We began in 1860 when August Schell, a German immigrant, couldn’t find a traditional German beer in his new home that was good enough. So, he made his own.
While the brewery has seen some changes, like plumbing, August’s legacy of being an innovative brewmaster remains. It has continued through six generations and over 100 varieties of German Craft beer. In 2017, Schell’s brewery expanded into Berliner Weisse beers, and opened the Starkeller tap room to help guests have an elevated experience within the unique flavor profiles we have created.
- Welcome each guest personally to create a positive experience at Schell’s Brewery.
- Communicate effectively with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times.
- Work as a team with all personnel to maintain and effective atmosphere.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to Schell’s Brewery standards at all times.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic drinks to patrons over 21.
- Ring drinks in using a POS system, collect money from guests and make change efficiently and accurately.
- Serve alcohol responsibly and be diligent about gaining proper identification from patrons to ensure they are 21 years of age or older.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Love to talk about beer, love to drink beer, love to talk about drinking beer
- Passionate about craft beer, Berliner Weisse, and the industry
- Quick wit and good sense of humor
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Strong work ethic and sense of accountability.
- This position requires flexibility for weekend and evening hours
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Prior experience working in a restaurant or bar.
- Good at pourin’, servin’, and drinkin’ beer
- Quick to flash a smile
- Confident, calm, and collected…cool would be a perk too
** Various Shifts Needed and Available. Ability to work at both our soon to be open Taproom and our Starkeller Taproom.**
Your application has been successfully submitted.