Assistant Brewer // Cellar Worker
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Assistant Brewer / Cellar Worker at Hudson Valley is responsible for a wide variety of tasks in the cellar, the brewhouse, and at our wild fermentation facility. The Assistant Brewer will work closely with the Head Brewer and Packaging Manager in the production and packaging of all beer at Hudson Valley, primarily through cellar and tank cleaning, beer transfers, as well as packaging, lab testing, and equipment maintenance.
- Assist Head Brewer with wort production: this includes mash/lauter, kettle boil, knockout transfers, graining out, and Brewhouse CIP/maintenance among other tasks.
- CIP Tanks and equipment: responsible for daily cleaning and sanitization of all tanks in the cellar, as well as any and all equipment used in the production of beer.
- Perform beer transfers: includes crashing tanks, racking fermenters to brite tanks, carbonating beer, and otherwise assisting in the production of beer.
- Perform and maintain strict quality controls: this includes measuring gravity and pH, determining when beers are ready to package, PCR lab testing, and dissolved oxygen (Anton Paar cBox) testing, among other tasks.
- Assist in the packaging of all beer: this includes work on the canning line, palletizing cases of beer, washing and filling kegs, work on the bottling line, waxing and labeling bottles, among other tasks.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance on Brewhouse, Cellar, and Packaging equipment.
- Must be able to drive a company box truck between brewery and sour production facility to transport wort, packaged beer, etc. between locations.
- Maintain records of all transfers, measurements, lab tests, etc. in the company’s Google spreadsheets. Collate and present this information with the brewery staff on a weekly basis.
- Must be available for occasional work outside of normal hours as a representative of the brewery at events, festivals, etc.
- Preferred 3 years experience working in a production brewery.
- Must have transportation.
- Please send your resume to email@example.com if you interested!
- While performing the duties of this job, the Assistant Brewer is frequently required to do the following: While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, bend and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 60 pounds and manipulate and/or move up to 155 pounds. Use of arms above the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble. The employee operates a motor vehicle/forklift.
- Hudson Valley Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.