This job is no longer accepting applications.
Compensation Type: This is a part-time hourly, non-exempt role. Beertenders are included in shared daily tip pools.
Location: 511 Fishkill Avenue, Beacon NY
Reports to: Beacon Taproom Manager
Schedule: This part-time position requires availability on nights and weekends (Thursday - Sunday)
Job Summary: Beertenders aid in running a clean, friendly, and knowledgeable taproom. We are charged with delivering our beers responsibly and thoughtfully. Clarity in communication and accuracy in service and reporting are also foundational goals. We embrace the high product standards that our brewers share – and seek to be consistent and respectful of those creations in our relationships with our taproom customers.
- Serve beer!
- Wash and sanitize glassware
- Answer questions and educate guests about Industrial Arts Brewing and our beers, the differences between beer styles as well as the history and culture around Industrial Arts and craft beer in general
- Consistent communication with Tap Room Manager regarding all areas of the taproom
- Complete all paperwork involved in day-to-day operations
- Follow IABC Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines listed in the Hospitality Handbook.
- Ensure the Tap Room, bar and bar area, outdoor seating, counters, sinks, utensils, coolers, shelving, and storage areas are clean and comply with up-to-date sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards at all times.
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guests
- Accuracy, empathy, patience, and intentionality
Other Required characteristics:
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and manage time
- Desire to interact with customers, vendors, personable attitude
- Adherence to safety rules and all relevant rules and regulations
- Quality minded attitude
- Dedication to cleaning and sanitizing
- Accountability, team player, great attitude, motivated self-starter
- While we are certainly proud of our staff education program, and we are willing to train the right individuals who may come to us with a range of experiences, some level of beer knowledge and experience with common bartending practices are a plus
- 21 years of age or older
- Access to reliable transportation for varying shift times
- Able to twist, bend, kneel, and work in a fast-paced, and sometimes noisy environment
- Able to regularly lift/carry 30-pound boxes
- Able to move and tap kegs
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
Your application has been successfully submitted.