This job is no longer accepting applications.
With a passion to improve process, lessen waste and execute consistently, the packaging manager will forge a path in developing a packaging operations mindset and proficiency to ensure repeatable quality and productivity results. As a experienced people manager that creates accountable and winning teams and as an operations leader, this person’s continuous improvement capabilities and data driven drive approach will elevate the company’s bar on execution. Leading the company’s largest organization, this position is critical to ensuring daily performance of the entire packaging operation and ongoing improvement. This lead partners across the organization, engages with all levels of management and participates in strategic initiatives. This position is ideal for someone who is comfortable working in dynamic, sometimes unstructured start-up environment who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and support all aspects of the business as unique projects and the development of scalable process and structure will be an ongoing aspect of the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and direct all packaging operations staff in the consistent, efficient and predictable packaging of all company products (keg, can, bottle).
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive system and lean manufacturing program mindset and talent base to execute production plans and lessen all forms of waste.
- Measure operations effectiveness to ensure production schedule performance, productivity, safety, quality and costs improve through a data driven and KPI approach.
- Directly drive and partner with others to continuously improve the operation through evaluation of employee onboarding, training, operator proficiency, procedures/SOPs, processes, data, autonomous & preventative maintenance, change over & CIP/cleaning efficiency, planning and equipment efficacy, inventory accuracy, closed loop learning and resultant capital requests.
- Own, hire, staff and schedule the workforce in tight collaboration within the Sales and Operations Planning process and preventative maintenance requirements. Develop models and plans to ensure consistent, transparent execution.
- Develop, assign and manage goals, targets, budgets, priorities and performance to them participating in key management forums, reviews and processes.
- Ensure daily Work Order, CIP, inventory, safety and plan attainment metrics, exceptions and reporting are clearly communicated.
- Own and partner to develop all related process and equipment procure and safety training.
- Partner with others to and directly ensure timely movement and recording of supplies, materials and finished goods in production systems.
- Proactively and clearly communicate with partner organizations to ensure smooth, predictable and transparent production workflow and plat attainment.
- Develop a team safety, quality and compliance mindset and practice. Ensure company policy adherence.
- Develop a constructive environment of accountability, performance, contribution, learning, camaraderie, fun, safety and success while helping team members assume greater levels of responsibilities and progression. Ensure certification against and progression through all facets of the operations (e.g., palletizing, depalletizing, glass and can filling, quality, case packaging, etc.).
- Develop standardized programs, KPIs/metrics and reports to ensure process operating performance, ongoing improvements, risk identification, visibility and closed loop learning. Develop operational performance dashboards to report on health of the system (e.g., labor, schedule days ahead, cycle times, costs, etc.).
- Develop, participate in and or directly drive company or operation wide improvement initiatives.
- Ensure timely review and approval of time clock management and staffing.
- Provide ongoing technical and process support of the operations on a daily basis.
- Mentors/coaches all personnel for personal and organizational wins.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Management or related degree.
- At least 5-10 years of directly related experience and demonstrated results in developing and improving scalable packaging operations.
- 3-5 years of team supervisory and management experience.
- Demonstrated competencies in beverage, food or other like consumer packaged or processed goods with mastery in all related equipment (e.g., depalletization, case packagers, filling and seaming, etc.).
- Knowledgeable of OSHA equipment and workplace training, certifications and injury prevention protocols.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (e.g., Excel). Demonstrated experience and familiarity with CMMS, MES and ERP systems developing and driving change adoption of them into the standard operations. SAP or Microsoft Dynamics AX, preferred ERP experience.
- Effective demonstration of analytical, change management and leadership skills.
- Experience participating in the improvement initiatives, lean, deployment and commissioning of new equipment to scale operations.
- Entrepreneurial, astute, and has a passion for getting into the details where appropriate to make effective decisions and drive results but also recognizing when good enough is to avoid analysis paralysis.
- Big picture thinker, strategic, but able to distill functions and business interactions into tactical/detailed process and workflows in order to drive improvements and efficiency gains.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize effectively, and execute successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- An effective and persuasive communicator with great team presence.
- Strong leadership, team member, and staff/team development and motivation skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.