This job is no longer accepting applications.
Full Sail Brewing Company / KYLA Hard Kombucha is looking to fill a “Lab Technician” role.
If you enjoy working with and contributing to a strong team and geek out on working in an amazingly well-equipped lab, then this job may be for you!
The Lab Technician will ensure the completion of daily lab requirements. They work directly with the laboratory, brewing, filtration, and packaging staffs to ensure that all QA/QC goals are being met. They will assist the QA Lab Supervisor and Lead Lab Technician in maintaining quality and consistency by helping to develop, implement, and refine workplace SOP’s. They will assist the QA Lab Supervisor and Lead Lab Technician in providing the highest level of health and safety in the workplace and helping to identify areas needing improvement. This position provides the example of proper cleanliness and organization in the lab and the plant, and as such, they will be involved in assisting GMP efforts under a quarterly review. This person will be proficient in all laboratory operations, and will help provide necessary coverage in the absence of regular staff. When possible, they will cross-train with other departments and assist.
Responsibilities & Performance Requirements:
- Perform all QA/QC laboratory requirements in accordance with Full Sail’s standards of operations.
- Aseptic sample collection, filter, pour, and spread plating, colony and microscopic characterization, and reporting results.
- Operate and maintain the following equipment:
- DO Meters
- CO2 Meters
- Beer alcolyzer/Densitometer
- UV/Vis Spectrophotometer
- Turbidity Meter
- pH Meters
- Titratable Acidity Meter
- Quantitave PCR Machine
- Gas chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer
- Assist with waste treatment operations and testing.
- Assist with yeast propagation.
- Assist with and participate in sensory studies.
- Lead and complete special projects as assigned.
Conformance to schedule and processes
- To carry out and adhere strictly to the policies and procedures established by Full Sail Brewing Company in the areas of personnel, safety, and standards of operations.
- To recommend to their supervisor and management any changes in policies and procedures that might enhance the efficiency of brewing, cellar, or packaging operations or improve product quality.
- Helps administer and maintain an effective safety and housekeeping program, including strict adherence to established sanitation standards and GMP directives.
- Documentation of all laboratory operations. Collect, analyze, review, and report data from laboratory analyses.
- Maintains critical communication with the QA Lab Supervisor, Lead Lab Tech, Brewing Supervisor, Operations, Maintenance, Brewing, Packaging, and Management to meet production needs. Informs departments of changes, problems, and irregularities that may affect scheduling and gives full consideration to recommendations in their respective areas of responsibility
- Stays abreast of new developments, techniques, and equipment related to their area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the efficient utilization of equipment and materials, and for keeping operating costs at a minimum.
- Crosstrain with other departments and assist in their operations when possible.
This position requires strong communications skills and ability to pay close attention to detail. Previous lab experience and interest in fermentation is preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.