Assistant Brewery Manager
Here at Mark Anthony Brewing Inc. we are the exclusive producers of White Claw® Hard Seltzer, Mike’s® Hard Lemonade, Mike’s® Harder® Lemonade, Cayman Jack® and MXD. We are a disruptive innovator and true high performers who are proud to produce the best tasting products in the brewing industry.
Our collaborative culture is unapologetically fast paced, entrepreneurial, and results driven. We act like owners and embody a sense of urgency and pride in everything we do, while ensuring we always over-deliver on quality. We treat each other with humility, authenticity and celebrate our diverse and inclusive culture, in which everyone can thrive. Safety is paramount, and we are proud to provide a safe and healthy work environment in each of our state-of-the-art facilities.
The Assistant Brewery Manager is responsible for the active management of the Brewing Operations Department to ensure daily completion of tasks integral to the operation and overall performance of the Brewing Department. Communicates and drives execution of department goals, priorities, and expectations. Responsible for monitoring the overall process, enforcing quality and safety standards, to assist troubleshooting, manage KPI’s and inventory. This role is a combination of front-line and strategic leadership positions in the brewery.
As an Assistant Brewery Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Business Outcomes:
- Run + Build - executes departmental tools, systems, business cases, reporting, business processes and resourcing plans
- People and Teams:
- Provides day to day coaching, mentorship, training and direction to others related to performance and development
- Advanced knowledge of departmental policies, procedures and best practices
- Assist in driving safety policies and initiatives and ensure Safety and Quality are at the forefront of all activities for all Brewing personnel.
- Drive implementation of strategic plan for the brewing, batching, and raw material handling process areas within the Brewing department.
- Manage the manufacturing process for our products with an emphasis on Safety, Quality, People, Cost and Service.
- Routinely monitor department process data and KPIs including brewing, fermentation, filtration and blending and drive process changes as needed.
- Develop talent and actively mentor and coach Brewing team members. Take an active role in Learning & Development including SOP, training plans and career development plans.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree - STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Technical Certifications: Brewing certifications – preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of supervisory experience in Brewery environment, including successful management of direct reports across all shifts in 24/7 operation is preferred.
- Demonstrable expertise in high speed, multi-SKU beverage manufacturing and blending facility highly preferred.
- Experience designing, implementing, and monitoring of continuous improvement projects. Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lean Six Sigma or similar program experience – preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer skills such as MS office, Teams, and email.
The Assistant Brewery Manager position is well-suited for you if you have/are:
- Demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to negotiate and influence effectively with internal and external partners.
- Proven ability to develop, motivate, and empower employees while fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and collaboration.
- Problem solving with non-traditional thinking, critical thinking, and efficient decision making to ensure that all measurables are met.
- Ability to make quick decisions with limited information that are in the best interest of the company.
This section outlines key business stakeholders (direct reports, cross-functional partners, customers and/or 3rd party partners) and how they will interact with these stakeholders.
- Direct Reports: None
- Cross-functional Partners: Assistant Packaging Manager, Maintenance Supervisors, Warehouse Supervisors, Utilities Supervisor, Quality Supervisor, Production Scheduler, Raw Material Planner, People Ops Partner.
- Customers and/or 3rd Party Partners: Brewery Manager, General Manager, QA Manager, Sr Packaging Manager, Sr Warehouse Manager, Sr Automations & Controls Manager, Sr Manufacturing Excellence Manager, Plant Controller, Plant Engineer, Health and Safety Manager, Director of People Operations, Sr Process Engineer.
- Indoor office
- Standing for long periods of time
- Navigating stairs
- Travel Requirement: less than 20%
This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within the state of Arizona.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
What we value here at Mark Anthony:
Sense of Urgency
- We value sense of urgency because we are a fast-paced company in a fast-paced industry
- We value authenticity because we need to stay real
- You are authentic, diplomatic, respectful, thoughtful and you always have the best intentions
- We value simplicity; why use 50 words when you can use 5?
- You thrive in ambiguity, are comfortable with change and bring simplicity to complex situations or grey area
- We value humility; there is no room for egos here
- You’re not stubborn, you listen, take feedback/direction and respond quickly to changing direction. We are a team that supports each other
- We value trust because unless we are both trusted and trusting, we will not succeed as a team
We believe in Equal Opportunity:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.