Senior Safety Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Sr. Safety Manager oversees the company-wide execution of Stone Brewing’s safety programs, playing a critical role in promoting a safety-first culture, driving continuous improvement across all operations, and ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations. The Senior Safety Manager will lead, develop and implement Safety, Health and Environment practices and standards across our brewery, distribution, hospitality, sales and office environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the overall strategy and team for Stone Brewing’s Environmental Health and Safety initiatives and regulatory compliance, and closely partnering with safety team and key leaders across all sites to develop industry-leading Safety programs and policies.
- Oversee and ensure execution of formal audit program to identify potential safety and environmental hazards, taking proactive steps with site leadership teams to mitigate hazards.
- Continuously review and refine incident prevention programs as well as perform root cause investigation following incidents to identify their causes and develop preventive solutions that involve team members.
- Develop and maintain safety training content and curriculum including new hire onboarding, equipment or process-specific training, general safety practices and beyond, tracking participation and (re)certifications to ensure compliance.
- Partner closely with operational stakeholders to ensure technical understanding of all relevant equipment and processes, assessing gaps in procedures, tools and compliance, recommending enhancements and monitoring for improvement through data.
- Ensure all members of Team Stone have access to established processes and tools required to facilitate a safe working environment.
- Partner with the People/HR team, team leaders and our external partners to effectively manage return-to-work programs for work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Establish, maintain and communicate key performance metrics and action plans to drive continuous improvement and communicate results throughout organization.
- Serve as primary liaison with regulatory and other governmental authorities regarding environmental issues, regulatory/safety issues, crisis management, security management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Stone policies, Core Values and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees and assisting with planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides regular performance feedback and coaching to direct reports including reviews.
Experience and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: BA/BS Degree required. Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: At least 10 years of related experience within the Environmental Health and Safety field is required, including experience developing, implementing, and managing company-wide health and safety programs, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in relevant fields, such as chemical manufacturing, food manufacturing, petroleum production, refinery operations, heavy industry, warehousing, and distribution may be considered.
- Previous experience in a leadership or supervisory role in the Health and Safety field.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety laws required.
- Must have strong background in project management, data/information/analytics, and ability to effectively engage at all levels of the organization.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Certified Safety Professional (CSP) / Associate Safety Professional (ASP) preferred.
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Travel Requirements: Frequent travel required across Stone Brewing sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Adheres to company core values.
- Must be an excellent role model, beer diplomat, and representative of Stone Brewing.
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Supports and contributes to Stone’s business model, structure, and goals applicable to role.
- Maintains a strong sense of urgency to be highly productive in our fast-paced environment.
- Effectively uses time to prioritize workload.
Your application has been successfully submitted.