This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a Packaging Supervisor to join the Team!
Candidates must be open to work both AM and PM shifts.
The Packaging Supervisor coordinates sanitation and operation of all packaging equipment to ensure quality and efficiency. Assist in packaging and sanitation procedures. Must be able to work any shift in a 24 hour schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise all bottling and kegging operations:
- Maintain consistent excellent quality of packaged beer. Evaluate performance of the operation, and make improvements to procedures, equipment, or work practices to elevate the quality of the packaged beer.
- Assist in planning and execution of required packaging with Packaging Manager to plan packaging schedules efficiently.
- Maintain clean, sanitary and safe packaging systems.
- Provides assistance with the training and development of SOPs and inventory system.
- Maintain and verify inventory of packaging and sanitation supplies.
- Provide continuous process improvement of the packaging and sanitation operations by enhancing existing procedures, developing new procedures, and recommending upgrades in equipment.
- Identify and correct maintenance issues.
- Complete and submit all required accurate written reports.
- Supervise the Sanitation and Packaging Team:
- Assist in performance and conduct expectations for the team, and maintaining accountability.
- Assist manager with regularly scheduled Performance Evaluations for team members.
- In conjunction with Packaging manager, determine staffing needs, and work with the Packaging Manager to fill those needs.
- Ensure safety compliance for team members.
- Assist in developing and managing safety training, job training, and cross training programs for team members.
- Develop team members’ skills to assume greater responsibilities within the organization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes and airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Experience and Skills
This individual must be familiar with the CIP process of packaging and process equipment and understand the wash down processes to prevent damage to electrical equipment and controls. An understanding of SOP’s, GMP’s (microbiological contamination), PPE and familiarity with proper handling and use of chemicals, pressure washers and pneumatic sanitizers is essential. Must have a basic knowledge of dismantling and re-assembling of packaging equipment.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) equivalent. Some college in related field and 5 years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training. At least 2 years Supervisory experience required.
Stone Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background check, drug screening, and physical are required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.