This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Floor Supervisor ensures the smooth and efficient flow of the brewpub through working with the front of the house employees and customers, while being a passionate steward for RRBC and craft beer. The ideal candidate will have open availability, as we are open 7 days per week from 10am to 9pm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Coordinates all front of house employees to ensure smooth and efficient flow of the brewpub
- Ensures all hourly employees are taking their rest and meal periods
- Assists the floor and bar when necessary
- Checks on customers to ensure they have a positive experience
- Handles any complaints or issues with customers
- Assigns side work to staff when necessary
- Assists with comps and voids when applicable for the staff
- Communicates relevant policy changes, menu changes, specials to staff
- Advises the General Manager or Assistant General Manager if disciplinary actions should be taken for employees violating company policies (such as tardiness)
- Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for employees and customers
- Responsible for making sure the lighting, heating/AC, and appropriate music are on and at comfortable levels for employees and customers to ensure a pleasant atmosphere
- Will open or close the pub depending on shift worked
- Conduct daily shift meetings with staff in the absence of the GM or AGM
- Perform nightly beer orders and/or weekly merchandise orders
- All other duties as assigned
This position has no regular direct reports, but supervises all pub employees while on duty
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Alcohol Beverage laws as they pertain to serving alcohol
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Basic competence in all front of house duties and tasks
- Raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills for dealing with the public and waitstaff
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and time management for dealing with diverse duties and staff
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Works well as a team member
- Calculate figures and amounts
- Understand and follow oral and written instruction
- Communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing so others will understand
- Organize, prioritize, and manage time
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Must be at least 21 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum two years related experience in a restaurant environment or equivalent
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Professional appearance and demeanor
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying and receiving information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand and walk for long periods of time; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, bend, twist and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 155 pounds. Use of arms above or below the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
We offer a fun and rewarding work environment that includes group medical/dental/vision/life/accident insurance, 401k with matching, paid time off, and great discounts on beer/food/merchandise!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. RRBC utilizes e-verify.
Please apply HERE. We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.