This job is no longer accepting applications.
Epic Brewing is seeking a Cellar Team Member to work in our production facility in Denver, CO. Cellar team members are responsible for monitoring, recording, and understanding day-to-day fermentation processes. These requirements consist of yeast management, dry-hopping, fermenter CIPs, transfers, carbonating beer, and assisting with barrel management. Individuals must have a passion for making world-class beer, strong work ethic, great attention to detail, good communication skills, and must understand and adhere to clean and safe work practices.
Job duties include:
- Recording fermentation gravities, temperature, and activity daily.
- Understand and carry out proper yeast management and handling.
- CIP and COPs of all process equipment.
- Dry hopping/Adjunct additions
- Maintain an orderly and safe work environment in department as well as entire facility.
- Report to Head of Cellars.
- Participate in QA/QC sensory analysis.
- Good departmental and interdepartmental communication.
- Safety first mindset.
- Work with strong and often hazardous chemicals.
- Heavy physical work (bending, kneeling, pulling hoses, etc.).
- Work continuously on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- Assisting in the handling, filling, and evacuating of barrel-aged and sour beer.
- Transfer beer from fermenter to brite tank.
- Previous cellar and DE filtration experience is preferred.
- Good mechanical skills.
- A full understanding of cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Must be able to work varying hours depending upon production schedule.
- A positive attitude in a demanding and repetitive production environment.
- Strong orientation towards quality control and safety.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities while focusing on detail.
- Strong communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Able to stand on feet all day.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs repeatedly.
- Brewery: 1 year (preferred)
- Store Discounts
- One location
How to apply:
Send resume, cover letter, and references with the subject Cellar Technician to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.