Quality Technologist- Contract Manufacturing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring a Quality Technologist – Contract Manufacturing in Breinigsville, PA.
The Quality Technologist – Contract Manufacturing receives, organizes and performs evaluations of product shipped from our contract manufacturing locations and market purchases. Extensive evaluations of physical and chemical characteristics are performed, recorded and tracked. Evaluations include packaging appearance, coding, alcohol by volume, dissolved CO2, pH etc. Results are compiled and a KPI is generated and used to measure quality performance. The role also supports process improvement projects and will periodically deliver presentations on contract manufacturer performance. We are seeking an individual that is eager to learn, grow and readily accept new challenges.
What You'll Do:
- Organize and conduct analysis of finished product including package appearance, coding, carton integrity, seam analysis, dissolved oxygen and CO2, crimps, torques, alcohol by volume, specific gravity, pH, color, total acidity etc.
- Perform instrument operation using equipment such as: Anton Paar Alcolyzer, bench top pH Meter, haze meter, spectrophotometers, atomic absorption, package oxygen and CO2 analyzers and microscopes etc
- Collaborate with coworkers in Quality, Sensory, Planning, Logistics etc.
- Communicate with co-manufacturer personnel when there are discrepancies or follow up actions required on analysis.
- Receive and evaluate customer complaint samples from consumers, record results and generate reports
- Support and assist production QC and laboratories
- Perform data entry, assemble reports
- Perform sensory evaluations
What We're Looking For:
- BS degree in a related science: Chemistry, Microbiology or Food Science. Will consider commensurate experience.
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical laboratory in food or beverage manufacturing
- Experience preforming laboratory analyses
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interact and work with all levels within the organization
- Experience with control charts or other statistical process control processes
- Competent in using Microsoft Office, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.