Key Account Specialist - Las Vegas, NV
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our mission at The Boston Beer Company is to bring the highest-quality products to the U.S. beer drinker. To answer that mission, we are creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the differences in both our people and our brands. Our diversity makes us stronger, and when you bring your authentic self to work, we are a stronger, more innovative, and more sustainable company & community.
As a fast-paced, growing company with a strong family of brands (Samuel Adams, Dogfish Head, Angry Orchard, Twisted Tea, and Truly Hard Seltzer), we seek constantly to challenge the status quo. We are always looking for hardworking, talented, and passionate people (that means you!) to join our team.
We are The Boston Beer Company, and together we are heavy.
We are currently looking for a Key Account Specialist in Las Vegas, NV.
The Key Accounts Specialist (KAS) manages account calls and maintenance for all “key” accounts in Las Vegas, NV. The KAS’ primary responsibility is securing distribution, feature programs, and implementing region initiatives with key on and off premise buying groups in the area.
What You’ll Do:
Market Management and Development: Achieve sales goals & objectives in core and non-core accounts by:
- Using Boston Beer Company (BBC) systems to organize and pre-plan accounts to achieve market objectives
- Utilizing monthly reports to identify and address what is generating positive or negative trends and implementing plans where appropriate to improve
- Maintaining and increasing availability and visibility of the BBC portfolio
- Implementing long term account planning
- Hunting for new business by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for incremental volume
- Working with local team and Brand Development Marketing team to develop market specific initiatives
- Maintaining professional business relationships with accounts to include: ownership, management, and appropriate staff while selling to core accounts a min of 1 time per month
- Building and maintaining professional business relationships with applicable wholesaler personnel
Selling and Negotiating: Must know and be able to practice the Boston Beer Company selling process and selling skills to include:
- Sales call procedures, process, and selling skills
- Understanding and practicing bracketing, concession management and negotiation
- Establishing goals, creating a selling story, anticipating and handling objections
- Executing on merchandising standards
- Portfolio selling
- Multi-unit distribution and programming (local chains)
Knowledge: Must be current and fluent in:
- Brand styles, brand priorities, national programs and brand strategy
- Romancing all products to include style, ingredients and pairings
- Brewing process, beer history
- Beer industry trends and current market trends
- Local market chains and buying groups
- Distributor structure, distributor portfolio and key distributor personnel where applicable
- Knowledge of competitive brands and pricing
Merchandising: Supports brands through:
- Executing point-of-sale programs at retail to standard
- Maintaining proper brand positioning to standard
- Delegating to appropriate wholesaler team
- Executing BBC freshness standards
- Create and execute impactful promotions at on and off Premise locations
- Create programs/promotions and implements across multiple accounts (multi-unit account)
Wholesaler(s): Begin getting involved with wholesaler programming/execution by:
- Meeting with mid-level management to discuss/implement programming execution
- Managing national and local programming to include point-of-sale ordering/execution
- Effectively communicates externally and internally in a timely and professional manner
- Create and deliver creative and impactful wholesaler(s) and retailer(s) presentations
Administration: Deliver all administrative tasks by deadlines
Submit sales call recaps within 48 hours
Budget Management: Must stay within all allocated budgets
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1+ years of sales and/or food/beverage industry experience
- Must be able to lift weight equivalent to one case of beer
- 10-15% travel
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Willingness to relocate for future opportunities
- Valid driver's license
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.