Digital Workplace Administrator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our mission at The Boston Beer Company is to bring the highest-quality products to the U.S. beer drinker. To answer that mission, we are creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the differences in both our people and our brands. Our diversity makes us stronger, and when you bring your authentic self to work, we are a stronger, more innovative, and more sustainable company & community.
As a fast-paced, growing company with a strong family of brands (Samuel Adams, Dogfish Head, Angry Orchard, Twisted Tea, and Truly Hard Seltzer), we seek constantly to challenge the status quo. We are always looking for hardworking, talented, and passionate people (that means you!) to join our team.
We are The Boston Beer Company, and together we are heavy.
We are currently hiring a Digital Workplace Administrator in Boston, or remote.
The Digital Workplace Administrator plays a vital role in the support and delivery of digital collaboration and communications technologies. Acting as a subject matter expert and key contributor, the Digital Workplace Administrator will implement and provide day-to-day support and management of critical enabling technologies that boost productivity, enhance collaboration, and improve communication.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for maintenance and configuration of SharePoint Online tenant-level services
- Manage and maintain a SaaS-based corporate intranet including governance, site architecture, taxonomy, roles and permissions, and metadata
- Identify opportunities for process automation and recommend improvements and solutions
- Collaborate with IT coworkers and functional teams to understand requirements and translate them to technical solutions
- Create sites, manages, and remove sites, permissions, pages, document libraries, lists, and applications
- Design, build, and test document management services using content types and meta data
- Design, build, and test automated processes and/or bots using Power Automate, Microsoft QnA maker and other SaaS based solutions
- Monitor service health and proactively identify potential end-user impacting issues
- Provide clear and prompt communications of any known end-user impacting issues
- Serve as a point of escalation for help desk incidents
- Troubleshoot issues escalating to vendors as needed
- Monitor content, usage, and activity reports and adjust services to optimize end-user experiences
- Evaluate data loss protection and information rights management rules and ensure proper application in intranet, SharePoint Online and related services
- Identify and report data governance violations
- Evaluate backup and retention policies and perform data retrieval as needed
- Create and update technical design and as-built documentation, work instructions and user guides
- Maintain functional expertise and knowledge of industry best practices
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent combination of education and work experience)
- Desired - Related Microsoft certification or ITIL v4 certification
- 5+ years of experience as a SharePoint administrator
- 3+ years of experience using PowerShell to administer SharePoint Online
- Extensive knowledge of SharePoint tools including ULS Logs, workflows and SharePoint lists and forms
- Experience with SPFx, SharePoint JSON, Microsoft 365, PowerApps, and Power Automate
- Experience with Active Directory
- Functional knowledge of Windows client and server operating systems, SQL Server, Power BI and Microsoft 365
- Solutions oriented and customer focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exhibits high levels of resourcefulness with an ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with and work successfully at multiple levels within the organization
- Strong troubleshooting skills – applicant must be able to determine the causes of complex problems and recommend practical and effective solutions
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) practices
- Knowledge of IT service delivery best practices and/or frameworks
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.