Craft Beer Inventory Assistant
The Craft Beer Inventory Assistant will provide support and assistance to company inventory functions including but not limited to verify and input product deliveries, create inventory reports, execute cycle counts, monitor close dated product, and provide inventory information to craft beer suppliers or company personnel. This position will be responsible for the overall organization and execution of dock sales to internal and external customers. Maintain exceptional communication with the Purchasing & Inventory Manager, co-workers, suppliers, and dock sale customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Verify and input product deliveries into inventory system, paying close attention to match invoices to physical product on hand.
- Create and distribute inventory reports weekly to suppliers/brewery representatives.
- Execute inventory counts utilizing Easy Ops to ensure accurate inventory levels and numbers. Investigate discrepancies and communicate outstanding issues to the Purchasing & Inventory Manager.
- Create and manage RF product tags throughout the warehouse.
- Maintain consistent organization and cleanliness of craft beer sampling and damage area.
- Monitor product regularly to identify dated or close dated products. Communicate information with Purchasing & Inventory Manager.
- Maintain and distribute inventory of craft beer tap handles, glassware, and other Point of Sale (POS) items.
- Ensure consistent and up to date knowledge of breweries and beer styles in relation to product shelf life.
- Manage and execute all aspects of dock sales on Fridays. Duties include but are not limited to interacting with customers, processing payments, controlling access to the warehouse, product placement and clean-up.
- Provide information and respond to inquiries from Purchasing & Inventory Manager, and other department managers related to craft beer inventory.
- Perform other general administrative tasks to support the Purchasing & Inventory Manager.
- Adhere to all requirements for warehouse equipment use, cleanliness and safety, follow all company safety policies.
- Observe company safety guidelines and practices in every phase of work. Report all hazardous conditions, safety concerns, injuries, incidents, or property damage to your manager.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- This is a safety-sensitive position. The employee has the responsibility to always be cognizant of their own safety and the safety of others, must have the ability to perform job functions in a safe manner, and operate company equipment and/or vehicles with good judgment and awareness of surroundings at all times.
- Effective Communication (Written and Verbal).
- Well Organized, Ability to Prioritize and a Self-Starter.
- Attention to Detail and Accuracy.
- Managing Process.
- Problem Solving and Analysis.
- Analytical, Strategic Thinking and Planning.
- Technical and Mathematical Aptitude.
- Business Acumen.
- Collect, Analyze and Summarize Data and Trends.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Active Listening.
- Integrity, Initiative and Achievement.
- Credible and Dependable.
- Exceptional Work Ethic.
- Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite, VIP, Margin Minder)
This job operates in multiple work environments including but not limited to a professional office environment, warehouse, and is occasionally in the trade or traveling to breweries. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, filing cabinets and fax machine. This position may be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands; sit and drive. The employee is occasionally required to push; pull; move; carry; lift; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must be able to lift up to 75lbs occasionally and move up to 165lbs. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The schedule is Monday through Friday with a 7:00 am – 3:30 pm schedule or 8:00 am – 4:30 pm schedule based on daily need. 40 plus hours weekly, with additional hours as necessary. This is a non-exempt level position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Experience in inventory and reporting.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Beverage & Beer Industry experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Employee must meet company standards for driving a company vehicle, pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check.
Bigfoot Beverages provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, genetic information, or family history, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable state or federal law.