South Lake Brewing Company is looking to hire a brewer to join our Operations Team. Previous brewing and/or cellar experience is required. This is a full-time position and the Brewer would work 5 days a week and is responsible for wort production as well as cellar work. The brewer will be working closely with members of the Brewery team to ensure high quality products are being produced from start to finish. Availability must include Saturdays and Sundays.
All applicants must be 21 years of age or older and will undergo a background check upon hiring. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and have experience in the brewing industry. Brewing experience in a professional setting of at least one year is highly preferred.
This person must be able to read, write, and speak in the English language. This person should have some technical skills and be able to use a computer. The Brewer would report to the Head Brewer and Director of Operations.
Pay range for this position is $22-$26/hour with overtime and double overtime possible.
Responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to:
● Perform daily operations in the brewery and brewing tasks as per the direction of Head of Brewing Operations and/or Head Brewer.
● Perform wort production, including mashing, lauter and sparge, boil and whirlpool, transfer, clean up, etc. during brew days.
● Assist in the monitoring and quality control of fermenting and conditioning beer, including daily gravities, pH, pressure, dry hopping, CO2 carbonation levels, etc.
● Assist in the transfer and packaging of bulk beer while monitoring quality of beer. Support other team members in the packaging of finished beer into kegs and cans when needed.
● Maintain all required records (both Ekos ERP and paperwork) of brew logs, brewing ingredients, packaging records, recipes, etc.
● Assist in the quality assurance of brewery products; suggest and implement new methods in the brewery to increase beer quality, yield, employee ergonomics, etc.
● Direct and assist on quality assurance lab techniques: perform cell counts, viability of yeast pitches, forced fermentation tests, etc.
● Create and maintain a Brewery lab procedures, records, and safe practices and lead the training of other personnel in correct laboratory techniques.
● Assist and support the operations team in the maintenance of the brewery environment; including cleaning tanks, brewhouse, sinks, floors, cleaning agents, and keg washer.
● Assist and support the cellar team in monitoring and ensuring beers are completed on time and within their scheduled deadlines.
● Support other team members with the tasting room draft lines maintenance and taproom keg inventory management.
● Support other team members in the restocking of the walk-in cooler with packaged beer and maintain accurate inventory and tracking through EKOS, the ERP system.
● Have a friendly and positive attitude toward management, coworkers, and customers at all times and communicate appropriately when additional resources and assistance is needed to better and safely perform job duties
● Communicate well with fellow team members and management mostly in-person and sometimes via other methods of communication (phone, email, text, Slack messages, Homebase, etc.)
● Show enthusiasm and passion for the company, brand, products, and co-workers as a representative of South Lake Brewing Company and playing an essential role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and business growth
PERKS of the job:
● Be a part of the growing SLBC team (less than 50 employees) and work for a local small business and a staple in the craft beer community in the Lake Tahoe Basin
● Live and work in South Lake Tahoe, CA enjoying all the perks of the jewel of the Sierras in your backyard!
● Competitive hourly wage with opportunities for overtime and double overtime ● Free draft beer (off-the-clock) and discounted product including beer to-go, merchandise, and more
● Opportunity to participate in a 401K Program
● Full-time (working on average 32+ hours a week) team members will receive:
○ Accrued 10 days (80 hours) of Paid Time Off annually and can be taken upon management approval
○ 2 consecutive days off a week (this position requires those two days not be Saturday and Sunday as we need a brewer on those days)
○ Fully paid Health Insurance for employee only if employee opts-in to program (dependents can participate in Health Insurance program if paid for by employee)
Individuals who meet the qualifications and are interested in applying for the job, please send in your resume and a brief introduction