This job is no longer accepting applications.
Exile Brewing Company is looking for a highly motivated individual who can oversee the receival of raw material and delivery of all finished goods to our distributor partner. The qualified candidate will ensure all goods are accounted for according to purchase and sales orders, as well as all items are on hand for scheduled deliveries and production requirements.
Exile – Far From Ordinary
Beer fulfills our purpose. It cultivates our community of free-spirits, oddballs and outsiders. It ties us together and builds our festivities. The product of an unparalleled commitment to innovation and quality, it’s our labor of love for our uncommon family. Welcome to Exile, we’re far from ordinary.
Founded in 2012, we are a family-owned-and-operated microbrewery and brewpub that produces world-class lagers and ales. We brew and package all of our beer at our historic facility in Des Moines, IA. Our brands are distributed throughout Iowa and select markets in Illinois and Nebraska.
- Picking Up Materials:
- Pickup materials from vendors according to the Production Schedule.
- Ensure what we pick up matches our Purchase Order.
- Receiving materials at Exile:
- Unload at Exile & ensure we received what was ordered.
- Match received materials to Purchase Orders & record appropriate Lot #s in Beer 30.
- Alert all appropriate parties of materials received.
- Store materials at Exile:
- Bring materials directly to the correct location considering FIFO process.
- Keep record of where the goods are stored.
- Pick good & deliver to lab for analysis according to AQL process.
- Store Finished Goods:
- Check finished goods numbers recorded in Beer30 against physical count.
- Load next day’s Purchase Order onto truck if truck is available.
- Store finished goods following Finished Goods Storage process & rules.
- Completing inventory counts of all finished goods daily and updating finished good inventory within Beer30 weekly.
- Delivering Finished Goods:
- Print Packing Slips. Store them in “Packing Slip” wall mount until the Packing Slip is used to load the truck.
- Before printing Packing Slips ensure items that may have been left off previous truck are included on the next Packing Slip in Beer30.
- Use Packing Slip to load the truck, recording appropriate Lot #s, code dates & adjustments to quantities on the Packing Slip.
- If product is left off truck, write the difference on a white board and place in the “Truck Load” wall mount.
- Place Packing Slip in “Truck Load’ wall mount.
- Deliver Finished Goods according to Production Schedule
- Ensure Packing Slip is signed at distributor.
- Deliver Packing Slip to Production Director immediately after delivery.
- Pushing through sales orders on Beer30 to ensure it is ready to sync with invoicing software.
- Selling Beer into Pub
- Email Bar Manager, Production Director & Packaging Manager immediately upon moving beer from Cold Box to Lager Room.
- Return Dunnage:
- Record accurate numbers of items returned to vendors (pallets, tier sheets, etc) to ensure proper credit and deliver Carbon Slip to Production Director immediately.
- Return dunnage according to Production Schedule. Ensure dunnage is not allowed to accumulate at Exile.
- Warehouse Cleanliness & Organization
- Remove all debris from the area and clean all stations.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Highschool diploma
- CDL is preferred but not required.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and self-motivated
- Strong ability to work independently and w/out supervision.
- Ability to follow SOPs and safely operate forklifts and brewing equipment.
- Must be 21 or turning 21 before hire date.
- Lift 55lbs. from ground to shoulder height
- Ability to climb stairs, ramps, and ladders.
- Work in small and confined spaces
- Work on feet for several hours, including entire shift if necessary.
- Work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations
- Work in loud environment with basic safety accommodations
- A passion for craft beer
- Health insurance
- 401k eligibility with company match
Your application has been successfully submitted.