This job is no longer accepting applications.
Elysian Brewing is looking to add a dynamic, full-time brewer to join our growing team. This is an hourly position with benefits, vacation, and opportunities to learn and contribute. Known for experimentation and innovation, Elysian is looking for an experienced brewer that can handle the day-to-day grind while fostering an environment of continuous improvement and innovation.
The Brewer I is primarily responsible for producing wort and beer safely and consistently by adhering to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs) and in accordance with prevailing Safety and Quality Standards. Brewer I reports directly to the Head Brewer and works at our Airport Way Brewery. Excellent communication is a must!
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment
- Receive and handle raw materials according to food safety regulations
- Monitor fermentation progress
- Harvest, count, and pitch yeast
- Clean and prepare fermentation and conditioning vessels
- Transfer, centrifuge, and carbonate beer from fermentation to finishing for final packaging
- Utilize Braumat automation controls to produce wort that meets quality standards
- Keep records using written and digital documents, spreadsheets, and databases
- Cooperate with other departments to ensure best quality throughout the process
- Make working safely a top priority; Maintain a safe working environment for oneself and others
- Communicate well (spoken and written) across departments
- Work independently and as a team member
- Contribute to an atmosphere of innovation and continuous improvement
- Foster beer culture at work and out in the field
- Experienced in production brewing (minimum 2 years, education in brewing or relevant coursework/training is a plus)
- Able to continually lift and/or move 55 lbs. as well as drag/push 100 lbs.
- Familiar with industrial equipment (forklift, scissor lift, boom lift etc.)
- Happy working in common brewery conditions (loud, wet, hot, cold, around brewery equipment, handling chemicals, with other brewers, etc.)
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.