Packaging Machine Operator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Elysian Brewing Company is looking for a few more packaging machine operators to join our team. The packaging department is responsible for beer transfers to our fillers, bottling, kegging, labeling, and casing of finished product for retail and on-premises sales. There are roughly 10 different packaging stations and our goal is to have the packaging team learn multiple work stations and reward with increase compensation and tech level. The ideal candidate should be open to work day or evening shifts, and hours may fluctuate with production needs. Hourly rate varies with candidate’s skills and experience.
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and 401K Package
- Brewery KPI bonus
- Typical work week is M-F, 5-8s, and must be flexible to work OT
- Must be able to pass Background Check, 4-Panel Drug Test, and have a clean driving record free of DUI
- This is an active role where situations may require you to be working on a machine and on your feet all day
- First and foremost, the ability to work safely and follow written safety programs. Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Operates and monitors the production line to personal safety, beer quality, and asset efficiency
- Operates case erector, packaging, sealing, and palletizing equipment
- Operates filling, capping, sealing, and labeling of product
- Removes or shifts materials and/or finished products to facilitate proper flow
- Removes defected materials and product from the line
- Conducts standard product inspections
- Performs basic troubleshooting and minor repairs to ensure production equipment runs efficiently
- Ensures package and product quality at work station(s)
- Performs preventative maintenance as assigned
- Operates all manufacturing equipment efficiently and safely
- Cleans equipment and area before, during, and after shift
- Completes opening or closing duty assignments (depending on shift scheduled)
- Maintains clean work area through good housekeeping practices and 5S methods
- Communicates clearly to shift lead and maintenance to prevent production slowdowns, maintain a safe working environment, and escalation of quality issues
- Keeps daily records of downtime and machine operations
- Maintains a positive attitude and work ethic to promote a healthy working environment
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- High school GED or higher education
- Previous manufacturing experience in food and/or beverage industry preferred
- Knowledge of and a passion for craft beer
- Able to lift, carry, push/pull cases weighing up to 50 pounds repeatedly over long periods of time
- Works well with others in a team-oriented atmosphere
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
- Able to walk or stand most of the time during the shift and may include stooping, crawling, and crouching over/under conveyors and equipment
- May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends
- May be required to work rotating shifts, regular, late or graveyard
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.