This job is no longer accepting applications.
Upland has been brewing award winning ales and lagers since 1998 and we are now a regional craft brewery distributing across the United States. We are seeking a highly talented individual to contribute to our goal of making remarkable beer in a remarkable way. Brewers have the opportunity to rotate through all facets of day-to-day operation, from the receipt and processing of raw materials to the processing and delivery of the final product. The scope of job duties includes but is not limited to brewing, cellar work, filtration, kegging, canning, CIP and cleaning.
- Typical shifts occur Monday-Friday and rotate between 12pm-8pm, 4pm-12am, and 7pm-3am depending on the total batch size to be brewed. We will discuss precise scheduling details during the interview process but please note that this is indeed a second/third shift position.
Key Job Tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Adherence to safety guidelines
- Brewing, Wort production
- Parts and Equipment Maintenance.
- Participation in process improvement and product development.
- Inventory management and tracking for brewing materials, including: hops, malt, parts, equipment, and safety materials.
- Maintain brewing and fermentation logs.
- Coordinate with cellar team and assistant brewers for operations involving milling, spent grain removal and yeast preparation
- Maintain an orderly and safe work environment in department as well as entire facility
- Start up and shutdown of brewery facility and equipment.
- CIP and sanitizing of fermenters, Bright beer tanks, beer lines, and yeast prop tanks.
- Fermentation monitoring including gravity measurement and dry hopping of fermenters and its documentation.
- Daily operation of centrifuge and filtration equipment
- Maintain turbidity, CO2 and O2 levels within product specifications
- Cleaning and sanitizing of filtration equipment and lines
- Monitoring of quality parameters and working to resolve issues promptly.
- Informing QA department of any issues and their resolution.
- Accurate daily record keeping and sampling of process and product.
- Participate in taste panel work as directed.
- Take direction from Shift Lead.
- Attend and participate constructively in meetings
- Contribute to positive work environment through open and constructive dialogue
- Brew on pilot system for development of small batch, limited release beers
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- 3 years of brewery experience and brewery specific education preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, have excellent written skills, verbal communication and a strong initiative based work ethic and be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Certification on Forklift operation preferred.
- Position requires excellent communication skills, work with hazardous chemicals, ability to lift 75 lbs. routinely, fast-paced and independent time-managed work ethic.
- Brewer should also be able to thrive in a collaborative team atmosphere, focusing on adherence and improvement of quality.
- Ideal candidates can grasp the entire brewing process from malt to can, have a desire to improve process and procedures and aid in their implementation, and the expectation of evening and weekend work.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Employee to employ traditional lifting methods.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level.
- Ability to operate a Powered Industrial Truck (fork lift).
Upland Brewing Company reserves the right to revise the job or to require different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant, including but not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.
This is a full-time hourly position with benefits available, including health insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) and more.
Your application has been successfully submitted.