VP of Finance And Accounting
This job is no longer accepting applications.
SweetWater Brewing Company is on the prowl for someone to help us keep the accounting processes rolling and the reporting party hopping. If you’ve got a brain for numbers and a desire to kick it with some of the coolest bean counters in the industry, then send over your specs so we can welcome you to the fold.
The Vice President of Accounting directs and manages company financial functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivables, payroll, accounting processes in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), financial analysis and budgeting. The position will supervise accounting staff in carrying out all daily, weekly, monthly, and annual financial/accounting activities. The VP of Accounting ensures all financial transactions are properly recorded in the Great Plains software. This position is expected to constantly strive to make the business process more effective and efficient while strengthening the underlying internal control system. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer with indirect reporting responsibility to finance group of Corporate Parent.
- Manages the daily accounting activities of the Company’s financial functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, financial reporting, budgeting, financial analysis, ad hoc projects and annual audit.
- Analyzes company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets, issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Coordinate with finance group of company’s parent to meet all financial reporting requirements.
- Support senior management with financial analysis to grow into new markets and new products.
- Assists senior management in financial planning and results management.
- Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Ensures timely and accurate budget analysis and financial review for management team.
- Recommends and develops policies, procedures, and systems to meet company objectives.
- Builds, develops, and manages finance team.
- Audits the work of the accounting department.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with thorough knowledge of GAAP.
- Minimum 8 years accounting experience.
- Experience in public accounting preferred.
- Must be able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel and PowerPoint, and ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external parties.
- Self-starter with a strong team-oriented disposition with the ability to effectively support and encourage team members.
- Ability to focus on execution and results; is metrics and data drives and promotes transparent responsibility and accountability.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership and team management experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects.
- CPA preferred.
SWEETWATER BREWING COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Your application has been successfully submitted.