QA/QC Lab Tech
Maintain and execute all functions according to policy and procedure, safety requirements, and best practice. Tasks involve routine testing and analysis of product to include wort, beer, and raw materials throughout the brewing and packaging process.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Accurately analyze in-process and finished samples. Report out-of-spec findings to a supervisor.
- Aseptic sampling from finished beer and beer in-process.
- Packaged product sampling and analysis including gas analysis, seam analysis, microbiological analysis and total package quality checks.
- Microbiological samplings.
- Yeast management including yeast cell counts, viability, and propagation.
- Boilers checks.
- Set up and operation of spectrophotometer and alcolyzer.
- Set up and participation in sensory analysis program.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Follow best practice and safety requirements dutifully.
- Preparation and clean up of all laboratory protocols.
- Assist in Cellar of Packaging roles as necessary.
- A degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology, food science or related field.
- An interest in beer is strongly preferred.
- Strict attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize with minimal direction.
- Able to work all shifts, including weekend and holidays.
- Work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations.
- Able to stand, walk, climb, kneel, and lift up to 55 lbs on a regular basis.
- Able to work with varying chemicals requiring safety precaution.
- Ability to work in loud, warm environments for extended periods of time.
- Abilty to work all shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Health insurance
- Disability insurance
- Company matching 401k Plan after one year of employment
- Eligible for performance bonus per Brewery Bonus Policy
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) starts at two weeks/year based on hire date
Your application has been successfully submitted.