This job is no longer accepting applications.
APPLY TO: email@example.com
REPORTS TO: 111 Brewery Production Manager
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION: The Packaging Manager is responsible for leading the packaging team in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting all packaging equipment at the 111 Brewery as well as overseeing and facilitating the training and maintenance of that equipment. The Packaging Manager is also responsible for assisting with production planning in such a way as to facilitate maximizing production of high-quality craft beer.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the 111 Brewery packaging team to safely and efficiently operate the 111 Brewery canning line and associated machinery. Troubleshoot faults in the packaging equipment as necessary.
- Work with the 111 Production Manager to develop and communicate the weekly packaging schedule based upon distributor and taproom needs. Delegate appropriate responsibilities to the Packaging Lead and Packaging Operators. Communicate raw material needs with Inventory Manager.
- Train the Packaging Assistants to perform the roles and responsibilities of their job, including training on the organization and use of all necessary checklists, equipment, cleaning procedures to be performed before and after each packaging run, warehousing of finished beer and the documentation of necessary tasks in Ekos.
- Document operation procedures for all packaging equipment and keep such documentation up to date as equipment changes. Work with Facilities Manager to diagnose/ prevent potential problems and maximize equipment up-time.
- Role model organization and cleaning of packaging areas of the brewery to facilitate a clean and safe working environment and participate regularly in safety training.
- Work with the Lab and Quality Control Technicians to identify and manage quality trends displayed in laboratory results and to identify and address root causes of quality issues in packaged beer.
- Utilize the Ekos brewery management system as well as physical logs to document transfers and packaging of beer. Utilize GroupMe app to facilitate effective communication across the entire brewery Team.
- Prioritize and foster a culture of safety first, quality second, and efficiency third.
- Build strong team cohesion through the ability to listen, learn, and coach.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment and operating packaging machinery.
- Ability to follow procedures and document all steps in the packaging process.
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Excellent planner and organizer.
- Technology proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and comfortability using database and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a team-oriented position that requires the employee to work independently as well as a part of a larger team. The Packaging Director will work closely with the 111 Production Manager to plan and implement the weekly production plan and will communicate constantly with the 111 Production Manager and the Packaging team to package the correct beer on time and with high quality. The Packaging Director will be able to communicate with the packaging team and to adapt quickly to changes in production scheduling and will be able to operate multiple types of complex machinery such as bottling and canning equipment, pumps, powered industrial trucks, and other equipment necessary to the production of high quality, packaged craft beer. The Packaging Director will train others on the equipment so that multiple employees are proficient in the operation and troubleshooting of the packaging equipment. This job works on a schedule of four 10-hour days which may not be consecutive and which will involve early morning and/or late-night hours, including some weekend work.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The Packaging Director should be able to lift, and be comfortable lifting up to 50-pounds repeatedly, be proficient in operating powered industrial trucks (automated and manual pallet jacks, forklifts) and in using a hand truck and to lift heavy objects on a regular basis and standing for extended periods.
DIRECT REPORTS: Lead Packaging Operator, Packaging Operators, Packaging Assistants
Your application has been successfully submitted.