This job is no longer accepting applications.
REPORTS TO: Vice-President, Director of Taproom Operations
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Taproom Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing the staff and the operations of the Marble Brewery taproom location to which they are assigned.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement all Marble policies and procedures including those regarding the handling of cash, property, product, and equipment.
- Conduct safe, secure and efficient operation and serving of guests.
- Maintain a high level of guest service that exceeds expectations, including soliciting guest feedback and resolving complaints.
- Manage and schedule employees to staff the taproom appropriately and make staffing cuts as needed.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Ensure compliance with Marble Brewery Alcohol Policy.
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste.
- Monitor and maintain all sound and lighting levels to maintain proper ambiance.
- Keep all areas of the taproom clean, orderly, and well maintained.
- Delegate appropriate responsibilities to staff members.
- Run reports at the close.
- Schedule and run bank deposits.
- Reconcile petty cash, maintain a steady change bank, and submit all appropriate receipts to accounting.
- Perform end-of-month inventory counts.
- Take on other day-to-day activities necessary to keep the Taproom running smoothly and efficiently.
- Serve as point of contact for all bands, tours, and fundraisers.
- Handle band/sound payouts.
- Attend weekly manager meetings.
- Properly train all beertenders, barbacks security, and door personnel.
- Submit a weekly financial analysis of taproom sales to the Director of Taproom Operations.
- Work with all levels of management in providing a superior Taproom experience
- Experience managing people in a food and beverage business or experience managing a bar.
- Current New Mexico Alcohol Server certificate.
- Previous experience with Quickbooks and Microsoft Office applications
- Passion for craft beer.
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Excellent planner and organizer.
- Financially responsible individual who knows how to manage budgets.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills.
- Must have a clean driving record.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is a full-time position managing employees, guests, sales of beer and merchandise, and the taproom facility itself in a way that reflects Marble Brewery culture and which requires the employee to efficiently accomplish the primary objectives independently and with very little day-to-day supervision. This job requires a flexible weekly schedule of 40-50 hours per week, including days, evenings, nights and weekends, as necessary, as well as festival and special events.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The Taproom Manager must be able to stand for extended periods, be able to negotiate a crowd of beer drinkers, be good with people and be capable of independent thought and communication.
DIRECT REPORTS: All Taproom employees, including security and door
Your application has been successfully submitted.