This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports to Lead Brewer and Brew master
Responsible for all aspects of wort, green beer, dry hopped, fruited and brite beer production, as well as assisting in packaging operations at both the 10 and 60 bbl brew house locations. The position will also be required to clean all tanks and equipment, as well as assist in warehouse operations and possibly drive company provided vehicles.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Receiving, inventory and store raw materials and product (Verification of condition/quantity).
2. Operate 10 and 60bbl brew house for wort production.
3. Dry hop (both automated and manual) and fruit beers in fermenters.
4. Operate filter and centrifuge for beer clarification.
5. Sample tanks for gravity, pH, CO2/DO levels, yeast cell counts and document all actions taken or changes occurring with a beer. Harvest and handle yeast.
6. Package beer in bottle, can, and keg format.
7. CIP and manual cleaning of all tanks and equipment. Perform periodic maintenance to assist Maintenance Manager.
8. Troubleshoot equipment problems.
9. Develop and evaluate beers with assistance of Quality Assurance and Brew master.
10. As needed, prepare reports and summaries for the staff related to the aforementioned activities.
11. Interact with tap room staff and customers in a professional manner.
12. Drive and operate forklift.
1. Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
2. Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
3. Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
4. Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
5. Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
6. Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan or seeks assistance.
7. Mechanical Aptitude – Must have a basic understanding of the operation of centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, valves (pneumatic and manual), motors, circuit breakers, variable frequency drives, and proximity sensors/switches and be able to troubleshoot them.
Familiar with MS Windows operating systems and MS Office applications. At minimum, intermediate level skills with Excel and Word. Experience with Orchestrated Beer is a plus.
Ability to read and effectively interpret documents and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with customers or employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as totals and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
This position has limited direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates indoors/outdoors in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
The position will occasionally be required to work in the warehouse environment to facilitate shipment activities and assist with warehouse functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to consistently lift or move 50 lbs. as required.
- Must travel up and down 45 steps as required.
- Must be able to use both hands and arms in full range of motion.
- Must have good hand and eye coordination skills.
- Must be able to work around moving equipment and hazardous chemicals.
- Must be able to speak, hear and smell.
- The employee is consistently required to walk, balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must always be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Employee must be able to work consistently in a standing position for long periods of time of up to 8+ hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Regular, full time position with flexibility in hours and shifts according to the operational business needs. Day, evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
This position requires 0% travel.
Required Education and Experience
Degree, diploma, or certificate of completion from an accredited brewing school or three years related experience and/or training on a 30+ bbl brew house; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Operation and troubleshooting of brew house automation is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Pass pre-employment physical and drug screening and
- Complete online assessment.
- Valid current CA Driver License
- Valid Automobile proof of insurability
- Current Motor Vehicle Report
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.