Hiring Lead Brewer/Blender (Life is Brewing Beverage Co., Murfreesboro, TN)
JOB TITLE: Lead Brewer/Blender
LOCATION: Murfreesboro TN.
REPORTS TO: Director of Production
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salary based on experience starting at 50k yr
The perfect candidate will work collaboratively with the Director of Production to produce high quality products with efficiency for our brewery. This candidate will have a professional brewing background that knows their way around a brewhouse and brewery. The ideal candidate will be quality focused, able to multitask, while also being able to follow SOPs accurately. We produce a wide range of products ranging but not limited to RTD cocktails, THC infused beverages, and of course beer. This position will work with the Director of Production to ensure the production schedule goals are met. You will be brewing beer at an offsite brewery while also helping blend products at our production facility. This is a hybrid position that has a lot of room to grow with the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Blends products according to the recipes provided
- Helps stage and prep ingredients for the following shift
- Understand how to navigate and use factory talk program to control the brewhouse or other related equipment
- Carbonates all products to spec and document accordingly
- Clean and CIP Tanks according to SOPs
- Understands how to use the Anton Paar Cbox to check carbonation in tanks and record data according to SOPs
- Understands how to use the Anton Paar DMA35 and Alcolyzer to run sample checks and record data according to SOPs
- Maintain blending and brewing logs and other related documentation according to the SOPs
- Proficient in the operation of a centrifuge separator, and keeps all necessary documentation according to SOPs
- Be able to be trained and understand the operation of our membrane filtration unit to create seltzer base, and understands how to document and check samples according to SOPs
- Prep and Brew beer according to recipes
- Help create and design new recipes for beer, seltzers, and RTDs for in house R&D
- Effectively represent beer and beverage production in weekly cross department meetings regarding quality and production
- Help in the creation of research projects in collaboration with MTSU Staff
- Provide Hands-on relief of all packaging positions if necessary
- Advocates a continuous improvement culture throughout their team
- Takes accurate inventory of all raw materials and other inventories weekly
- Assist in implementation of new equipment and processes
- Holds self and co-workers accountable for adhering to SOPs and maintaining a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment
The Ultimate Candidate will Possess:
- 2+ years of experience in a brewery. At least 1 year of professional brewing experience
- College degree or certification from an accredited brewing program, or equivalent work experience that can relate to this position
- Knowledge of the beer brewing process and has a strong understanding of fermentation
- Able to develop and create new recipes
- Strong understanding of BJCP guidelines and beer styles
- Strong mechanical and problem solving aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work unsupervised and manage your own time and the time of others effectively
- Focus on quality and consistency of finished product
- Work is in Murfreesboro TN
- Occasional travel between facilities
- Must be able to pick-up 55lbs and possibly stand for long periods.
PLEASE APPLY HERE:
If you are interested in this position please supply a resume, and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Make me the next Lead Brewer”.
ABOUT LIFE IS BREWING
Life is Brewing Beverage Co. is a fast growing brewery and co-packer located in Murfreesboro, TN. We have expanded our brewery to provide, create, and package a variety of functional beverages from Ready to Drink cocktails to THC infused beverages . We also get to create unique beers to share in our taproom.
Our facility is expanding and bringing in new state of the art equipment to be able to produce up to 2.5M cases a year.
Our property is 84 acres that includes an indoor and outdoor music venue, 18 hole disc golf course, hiking trail and of course a brewery.