LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA (Fashion District, Downtown)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Taproom Staff positions are responsible for managing the guest experience in our Downtown Los Angeles Taproom. The daily operations for taproom staff include but are not limited to, Opening and Closing shift duties, Hosting, Bartending, and Bar-backing for daily taproom operations, events, and tours. Taproom Staff should be outgoing, passionate, and positive team players that maintain the highest levels of professionalism, customer service and hospitality.
- Manage opening and closing duties for Taproom Shifts.
- Knowledgeably guide customers through the Creature Comforts beer portfolio.
- Pour quality draft beer while maintaining and troubleshooting draft beer systems.
- Serve alcohol responsibly by adhering to company policies, local, state, and federal regulations concerning the sale of alcohol.
- Sell and manage inventory of draft beer, package beer and merchandise.
- Enter sales transactions in point-of-sale system and maintain cash drawers.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly taproom and working environment.
- Provide efficient and effective customer service.
- Participate in ongoing team meetings, training sessions, and higher educational requirements to ensure up-to-date knowledge on company policies, certifications, and regulations.
- Embody friendly and hospitable attitude that makes customers and other teammates feel welcome.
- Passionate for quality craft beer and the Creature Comforts brand.
- Enthusiastic to provide customer service and hospitality.
- Be an inclusive team player, and always willing to help others.
- Provide strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Consistently maintain a strong sense of ownership and daily work ethic.
- Always be self-aware, and self-reflective.
- Be an independent thinker capable of troubleshooting issues and solving problems.
- Thrives in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Professionalism: be polite, punctual, enthusiastic, honest, and reliable.
- Always be learning, open-minded and curious!
- Maintain a consistently positive attitude.
- Maintain a safe working environment for employees and customers.
- Work energetically and in a constant state of alertness.
- Work on your feet for the entirety of shifts while maintaining a rigorous pace of activity.
- Memorize and recall critical information.
- Concentrate and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Cope with sudden changes in surroundings and/or emergency situations.
- The ability to lift objects that weigh between 20-80 pounds.
CODE OF CONDUCT
At Creature Comforts Brewing Co, we work hard to create a culture that activates our values. One of the ways we do this is through our commitment to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make employment decisions by removing bias or prejudice against any employee or applicant’s race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Once you join our family, we ensure that each person feels safe and included through our value of Extending Kindness. As a commitment to our value of Extending Kindness, Creature Comforts Brewing Co. prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. Come just as you are…crave curiosity & pursue your passions with us!
If you believe you are a fit for the role and want to work for Creature Comforts, please consider our mission, purpose, and values, which are included at the end of this job post. If these are values you can truly exemplify in your work performance, then we welcome you to learn more about us at our website & apply!
ABOUT CREATURE COMFORTS BREWING CO.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2014, Creature Comforts is a purpose-driven, B-Corp certified craft brewery headquartered in Athens, Georgia with a new brewery and taproom location in Los Angeles, CA.
As an industry leading and award-winning craft brewery focused on producing the highest quality products and experiences, we remain committed to giving back to our local communities and the craft beer industry. Our impact initiatives range from our sustainability efforts, which recently led to TRUE Zero Waste certification, to our impact programs including Get Comfortable and Brew for One, and our industry support through partnerships with the Giving Kitchen an involvement in the Brewers Association.
OUR PURPOSE: We exist to foster human connection.
OUR MISSION: We aim to be a force for good in the world through the development of industry-leading beverages and experiences.
- Crave Curiosity - A curious mind leads to a better living.
- Moderation Matters - In life as in beer, being balanced is best.
- Be for People – Be inclusive. Advocate for equity. Extend respect.
- Extend Kindness - Start with trust. No gossip. Give grace.
- Make It Better - Whether your work or community, make it better. The best idea wins.
- Leave A Legacy - Set up your successors for success.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: From $16.78 per hour
Expected hours: Part-time: 16 – 29+ per week, Full-time: 32-40
Restaurant type: Bar, Brewery Tasting Room
Work Location: In person