Monday Night Brewing is an award-winning craft brewery based out of Atlanta, with a distribution footprint across Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee. We operate two taprooms in Atlanta, GA and a brewpub in Birmingham, AL. In our tenth year of operation, we are proud to produce a vast portfolio—spanning from small batch New England IPAs to barrel-aged stouts, approachable kettle sours to mixed culture ambers, hop-forward West Coast IPAs to craft hard seltzers.
Monday Night Ventures, LLC (Atlanta, GA) is currently seeking a full-time Accounting Coordinator to join our growing team in Atlanta, GA (location Monday Night West Midtown). This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. This person will be responsible for keeping the books balanced by ensuring that all financial transactions are executed, recorded, and reconciled on a timely and accurate basis. Reporting to the Controller, this role will work closely with internal function leads, vendors, and wholesale contacts to ensure that QuickBooks is real-time accurate.
Rated by our employees as one of the AJC’s Best Places to Work in 2019, we pride ourselves on living out our core values and fulfilling our purpose: deepening relationships over some of the best beer in the country. The responsibilities of this job are listed below.
Who You Are:
- Your personal integrity is unrivaled, you always do the right thing.
- Your enthusiasm for detail is unparalleled, but you also understand how accounting information and systems work to impact overall reporting.
- You find satisfaction and fulfillment in coordinating and processing financial transactions.
- You have a high sense of urgency and are a master of prioritization.
- You enjoy tracking down missing pieces to ensure completeness, sending recurring reminders to keep folks on task, and updating people when key transactions occur to help facilitate smooth operations.
- You appreciate your heads-down, sleeves-rolled-up time in accounting systems – but also enjoy working proactively with people to solve problems.
If this sounds like you, we would love to see your application submitted for this role!
Our Beer Program:
- Named #3 Best Brewery in the Country by Beer Connoisseur (2019 & 2020)
- Named #2 Best Brewery in the Country by U.S. Open Beer Championship (2020)
- Took three Gold medals and one Silver medal in U.S. Open Beer Championship (2020)
- Took a Gold, Silver and Bronze medal at Great American Beer Fest (2017)
- · Controller
- Ensure accurate and timely AR collection and AP settlement.
- Own and execute processes to ensure the timely and accurate entry and coding of all types of accounting transactions.
- Safeguard company assets through development of and adherence to key internal controls.
- Build and maintain critical internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Ensure timely and accurate posting of sales invoices from production system
- Drive timely collection of all outstanding accounts receivable
- Reconcile and resolve AR issues with wholesale customers
- Make daily cash deposits and apply receipts to customer invoices, ensuring that customer accounts are real-time accurate
- Prepare and circulate a weekly collections analysis
- Send reminder emails for past dues, as required, and circulate customer statements on a recurring basis
- Ensure daily coding and postings of AP invoices through our invoice entry systems
- Drive timely cost recognition and payment of all accounts payable
- Reconcile and resolve AP issues with vendors
- Prepare weekly AP runs, ensuring that all invoices are approved and that payments are on time
- Prepare and circulate pay proposals for weekly pay runs
- Obtain vendor statements for key vendors on a recurring basis
- Reconcile and match QuickBooks cash transactions on a daily and monthly basis
- Prepare and enter journal entries for recurring weekly and monthly transactions
- Prepare weekly and monthly account reconciliations for key accounts
- Coordinate the monthly credit card coding and upload process
- Maintain deposit and payment tracking for events in the event CRM
- Support various aspects of month end close planning and processing
- Review outstanding checks and payments on an ongoing basis, following up, as needed, to coordinate solutions
- Support the team by providing other, value-added tracking and reporting
Administrative, Ad Hoc, and Special Projects
- Manage our Credit Card and Fuel Card platforms, monitoring account balances and setting up new users
- Support the bi-weekly processing of payroll
- Track and monitor key monthly, recurring payments
- Perform various tax and compliance tasks on a monthly basis, ensuring timely payments where necessary (S&U tax monthly, 1099s annually, tax exemption forms, etc.)
- Manage Vendor and Customer setup and change processes
- Support the implementation of new systems and special projects, as required
- BA/BS in applicable field of study
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience working with general ledger systems (QuickBooks preferred)
- Comfort with web integrations for accounting software
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong ability to multitask, stay organized, and prioritize across multiple workstreams
- Effective written and verbal communicator, with a willingness to pick up the phone
- Knows how to reconcile G/L accounts, customer and vendor accounts, and sub-ledgers
- Solid understanding of accounting principals
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage shifting business priorities
- Deep QuickBooks Online experience is strongly preferred
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
Optional, But Not Required:
- You have meaningful conversations with your computer and/or spreadsheets.
- You already have a preferred catch phrase.
- Industry competitive salary
- Health insurance with the ability to add family members. Monday Night will pay approximately 75% of employee premiums and 50% of family premiums.
- Dental and Vision coverage options, short-term and Long-term disability coverage options, Life Insurance Options
- 10 days Paid Time Off (vacation, personal, or sick days)
- 8 Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Cell phone service plan or reimbursement
- Basic 401k plan after completion of 250 hours of service
- Unlimited draft beers during non-work hours for you and a guest
- Weekly beer stipend
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Monday Night Brewing grew out of a small Bible study turned homebrewery. We exist to deepen relationships over some of the best beer in the country, and we filter all our decisions through this lens. Find out more about our award-winning selection of beers and incredible team at www.mondaynightbrewing.com.
Monday Night Brewing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, compensating, and promoting our coworkers regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, or any other protected class as required by applicable law. At Monday Night, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity found in the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of why we started a brewery and echoed in our company’s purpose: “To deepen relationships over some of the best beer in the country.”
Your application has been successfully submitted.