Monday Night Brewing Cook
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Monday Night Brewing is an award-winning craft brewery based out of Atlanta, with a distribution footprint across Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee. We currently operate two taprooms in Atlanta, GA, a brewpub in Birmingham, AL and soon a taproom in Nashville, TN. In our tenth year of operation, we are proud to produce a vast portfolio—spanning from small batch New England IPAs to barrel-aged stouts, approachable kettle sours to mixed culture ambers, hop-forward West Coast IPAs to craft hard seltzers.
Monday Night Brewing (Birmingham, AL) is seeking an experienced cook to join our tight knit, growing team in our new Birmingham Brewpub. Rated by our coworkers as one of the AJC’s Best Places to Work, we pride ourselves on living out our core values and fulfilling our purpose: deepening relationships over some of the best beer in the country. This is a part-time position based in Birmingham, AL.
Rated by our employees as one of the Atlanta Journal Constitution’s Best Places to Work, we pride ourselves on living out our core values and fulfilling our purpose: deepening relationships over some of the best beer in the country.
Who You Are:
- A detail-oriented person who loves to exceed expectations by creating an excellent food experience
- An experienced cook with a passion for
- A nimble team player with a high sense of urgency who values taking ownership and contributing to the team’s success.
Sound like you? We hoped so.
Our Beer Program:
- Named #3 Best Brewery in the Country by Beer Connoisseur (2019 & 2020)
- Named #2 Best Brewery in the Country by U.S. Open Beer Championship (2020)
- Took three Gold medals and one Silver medal in U.S. Open Beer Championship (2020)
- Took a Gold, Silver and Bronze medal at Great American Beer Fest (2017)
- Kyle Lacy, Back of House Manager
- Ensure customers receive an excellent food experience
- Understand and abide by federal, state and local food regulations
- Responsible for daily opening and/or closing tasks of kitchen
- Cooks are responsible for all positions within the kitchen, i.e. expo, fry, grill, salad, dish, prep, etc.
- Follow all company and food safety/service policies
- Ensure freshness and minimize waste by planning and ensuring proper food production
- Prepare menu items with recipe cards, cooking methods, portion definitions, plate presentation, and quality standards at all times
- Clean and stock line station with enough levels of food product & supplies to ensure smooth service periods
- Ensure correct temperatures and understand correct methods for holding and reheating
- Ensure quality of final presentation and achieve fast ticket times
- Ensure storage areas organized, cleaned, with all food labeled
- Utilize FIFO inventory method for food and supply inventory
- Other tasks as assigned by leadership
- Ability to climb, lift, reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift at least 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours in hot, wet, humid and loud environments. This position is extremely physical and demanding in nature and involves working with potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, exposure to high noise levels, and handling of hazardous materials
- Uses repetitive motions and can work in hot and cold environments
- Must be 19+
- Minimum of 2 years kitchen experience in fast-paced environment
- Team player that is self-motivated, a problem solver, and proactive
- Ability to demonstrate Monday Night values
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and guests
- Hospitality mindset
- Basic math skills
- Flexible work schedule, primarily weekends, some holidays, and evenings
- Ability to work a minimum of 3 weekends per month
- Food handler card
Optional, But Not Required:
- Strong opinions about the spork
- Dope hat collection
- Tattoo of your favorite animal
- $15 per hour
- Reviewed annually
- Coworker and one guest are entitled to unlimited draft beverages during non- work hours
- Alcohol purchases (wine and cocktails) are 25% off during non-shift purchase
- Food purchases are 50% during shift meal break and 25% off during non-shift meal break.
- 50% off package sales and merchandise
- Free beer and friendship
Monday Night Brewing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, compensating, and promoting our coworkers regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, or any other protected class as required by applicable law. At Monday Night, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity found in the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of why we started a brewery and echoed in our company’s purpose: “To deepen relationships over some of the best beer in the country.”
Your application has been successfully submitted.